This endless cycle

Wukong's POV

Again...
All over again I relived my moments with you...

This time you were...heh...a curious little fellow...

Asking us questions...reliving the stories I told you...
Laughing and smiling with Ao Lie...
Even if you weren't taking notes you were just enjoying our time, lying down, asking questions, laughing...

It was almost painful...

"Now...what legend should I put for the Samadhi Fire?" You asked curiously. "I mean, the whole, story might seem like I was actually there...not everyone can see an ancient ruin and be like, this happened!"

"Maybe water it down a bit?" I suggested. "Or maybe tell them that it was a legend passed down from the dragon family!" I said, your eyes glimmered with excitement, as most of your legends can be considered research...in a way... you were...

Like a polar opposite to what you were...

"Hey...Kid...why aren't you with your family?" I asked curiously, you would always talk about your cousins...you were living with your cousins...

"Ah well...my family sorta shares Xiong Yi's ideals..." you answered, looking rather uncomfortable with the topic. "Don't get in the way...being famous will...will ruin you..." you say softly. "It's not that I want to be famous...frankly, anyone famous actually ends up lonely..."

"But...what I want is to prove that I'm good enough, despite my, well...inabilities..." he says, physically speaking you got sick easily...I always blamed it on constant work since humans are capable of that when stressed and exhausted, but sometimes it wasn't even that. Sometimes you could've been resting soundly and the next day you seem to be wheezing...

Which is why your family treated you like you were fragile...

"Fame is not everything...I just want to prove that someone like me can make a difference in the world!" You say with a smile. "Maybe then, then, people will see me more than just, 'the sickly one' I'm capable of doing things despite the weaknesses I have!"

That made me chuckle.

"You sure are determined kiddo..."

After that, you seemed to be writing with passion, compiling all the stories we told you in order, putting philosophical thought into it, despite the fact that it was just five dudes trying to earn redemption...you described how imperfect our group was instead of the exaggerated story of people's interpretations of them and used them to create these 'characters' heck, half of it was quite inaccurate! But it was fun for the most part, at least some secrets could be kept.

It was a pleasure working with you...and fun...

But the question still remained on my mind at the time