Chapter One

Let it be petty for Park Sunghoon to demand in accompanying me on my way to the classroom. He was supposed to be with Jay in their own year's building but here he is, on my side looking at my schedule.

"I think you have.. Social Science first?", he says as we walk through the halls of our new school.

"Well, which room is it?", I ask, stuffing my phone back in my pocket after sending Jimin and Chanyeol a message saying we all got here safely.

"I don't know", he replies in a dull tone.

I hear someone whistle and I snap my head around to see some random guy in a leather jacket smirking at me, clearly ignoring the brother standing beside me.

"Did he just whistle at my baby sister?", Sunghoon asks, turning around to glare at him.

Then turns to point a finger at the guy noticing him now, "She's not availabe for you, you asshole! Try that again and I will beat your sorry ass!", my brother yells, flipping him off.

When the guy shamelessly walks away from us, Sunghoon looks around the hallway again, daring anyone to mention his outburst.

"I hate boys like that", he mutters and I nodded.

After ten minutes of wandering together while ignoring the eyes of many towards the two of us, we find my class just in time.

"Hey, Jay would hate me for asking you to use cellphone in school, but call or text me if another guy makes a move like that", he tells me and I nod.

He then left with me sending him off to his own class. I walk into the classroom and look around. Not many student are here yet. Jay always liked to be punctual especially in the first day of school and this has made Sunghoon get into the habit as well, where I was always pulled into their choices.

"Hi, um, I'm Park Jiyoo", I offer quietly when I reached the teacher's desk.

She looks up and nods, "I'm Miss Jung Choyeon", She tells me. She looks to be in mid-thirties, has a deep unique cat and small brown eyes. She's tall and skinny, dressed in a navy blue pantsuit.

"Do we have a specific seating arrangement? Or I can chose wherever I want to seat?", I ask, fiddling with my long fingers.

"Wherever you'd like is fine", She tells me then going back to the papers in front of her.

I give her a smile and turn around, looking for the perfect seat. Right in the front would be bad. Those kids were always targeted by the teacher during any kind of discussion.

I scan over the seat and decide on the one in the far back left, right beside the window. So then I could also see everyone here in that view.

Seeing that I still have time to do something else before the actual class, I slide down the desk and set my bag down the floor. So I pull my earphones from it's pocket and plug them in. I play Stranger by Lauv, turning the volume all the way up.

I watch as people slowly file into the room. All new faces to me, a few of them stop and talk to Miss Jung while the others sit right down before talking to their friends.

I pull out my notebook for this class and use a sharpie to write my name down in the front cover.

Park 'Jade' Jiyoo.

I shut the book and set down the sharpie beside my ballpen.

A minute later, a guy walks into the classroom. He walks right past the teacher without even acknowledging her friendly wave. He has dark hair with a few blond highlights, styled curly and a puma eyes with a few moles sprinkling his face though it clearly complimented him.