Chapter Twelve

During dinner, Jay doesn't stop bringing up the topic of japanese food to Mrs. Nishimura. Luckily she seems as eager as he is to talk about it, to the point of telling my brother she'll give him some tips to cook some dishes, so that's good but it's boring conversation.

For those who isn't interested in cooking, at least. Like me.

"So Jiyoo, you and my Riki were classmates?", Mrs. Nishimura asks me.

"Yes Ma'am", I say, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Do you like Seoul so far?"

I chew on my bottom lip and think for a second, "It's lovely but it's different. It doesn't matter though. I'm home as long as my brothers are with me", I reply with a small smile.

She smiles back and pats the back of my hand, "That's my same thought with my family"

Our conversation is cut off when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to my left to see her one and only annoying son in the name of Riki.

Yes, his sisters did in fact, push me earlier to the sit beside him.

"Yes?", I ask, trying to be polite, considering his parents were right in front of us.

And because Jimin would probably scold me if I was rude in front of our new neighbors, who he was talking now like they were his new favorite people.

"I was just wondering if you wanted more dumplings?", Ni-ki asks, smirking a little. He's holding a bowl of dumplings, just the smell is making my mouth water.

"I'd love two, thank you", I reply, picking two at once with my chopsticks before handing the bowl to my spacing out brother, Hoon.

As soon as everyone was focus on the fact that Jimin is bragging about the coming baby to our family, Ni-ki kicks my foot under the table, causing for me to glare at him in return.

"You seem so unlike of yourself", He murmurs amusedly, giving me a stupid smile.

I roll my eyes and sarcastically say, "You're observant as well as smiling like a monkey, Riki"

His stupid smile falls and I snort before covering my mouth quickly after seeing the disappointed look from Jimin as the Nishimuras were onto Jay now who was talking about meeting Gordon Ramsay once.

I have the worst timing to laugh.

"I think I like Riki better, actually. It has a nice ring to it"

He just shrugs nonchalantly and smiles again before shoving a dumpling in his mouth, "I actually love that name better than Ni-ki"

"Jade", the call of my English name had me drawing to a halt from looking at the boy.

I was so focused in staring at how his cheeks got chubby as he munched that I hadn't even heard Sunghoon was calling for my attention.

"I said hand me some glass of water please", he probed when I remove my gaze from Ni-ki, "I had to call your name twice"

"Sorry", I said with an apologetic smile before frowning to myself, "Got too carried away with his ugliness"