Chapter Nineteen

Taking a deep breath, I finally give the baby a long stare while his favorite person is making up his mind whether to introduce him or not.

I widen my eyes in realization to see I wore exactly the color as the baby's outfit. Yellow. It looks like we're twinning, a mother and her baby. And what?

The father is the one standing before the two of us. Hell no!

Finally, after a long time of crisis, Ni-ki looks down at the baby. The baby who can't keep steady on my arms and is bouncing as he looks at him happily.

"Jiyoo, this is my cousin's baby, who happens to be a menace, Riota, but we just called him Rio in short", He utters out, using the back of his finger to the baby's cheek.

Rio the baby in turn, squeal out in excitement, as if getting touch by him is happiness itself.

"Rio, this is my friend or also my crush, Jiyoo. You should call her Princess and don't make that cute eyes on me, it isn't working. Okay?"

I smile at them, watching how entranced the baby is to Ni-ki. If you were questioning what full adoring looks like, it's all there written on his cute face.

Now that it is so obvious who the baby wants to carry him, I passed him to Ni-ki and ask, "Now when was the last he ate?"

The baby as I watch them looked content in his arms and I frown as an insult to my face. He likes him better than me?

"Uh, Konon said I need to feed him at 3:30 pm", he stops to look at the clock in the wall, "Oh, shit. It's already 3:40!"

"No wonder he madly wants to eat your hair instead", I replied, heading towards as what I know is their kitchen.

Ni-ki following close behind. The baby is now munching on nothing at the sleeve of his black shirt.

I open the fridge to see an already made bottle formula, so I grab it out and show it to him.

"I guess you could put in the bottle warmer", he said hesitantly, motioning to hand the baby over to me.

"Nah, he loves you more", I take the bottle myself instead, and putting it into the warmer.

I then sat on the stool in the counter and Ni-ki followed suit, setting the baby in the surface. His little bottom wiggling and he ultimately begin whining upon catching onto his babysitter's eyes on me.

He's so needy of Ni-ki's attention. Cute.

"So, how come he's so needy of the Nishimura Riki?", I ask as I watch him pat the baby's tummy, seemingly finding it bouncy.

"I don't know. I just kissed him on the cheek because I found him cute and then suddenly he doesn't want anywant else but me"

I laugh a little, nodding. "So what are your thoughts once his mom come back for him?"

"That would be better. Not like this. I could be playing games right now in my room", he says then watch me set up the bottle.

"Ni-ki, he's a baby and he adores you. Aren't you grateful about that? As for me, I'm still waiting for my unborn niece", I chide, rolling my eyes.

Just when I thought we could share some love for babies, he says something like that shit.

He looks up from playing with the baby's socked feet, "You are so damn impossible, Princess. Take a joke. I love Rio, of course and I intend to make him like me"

The next few minutes go by in silence as we wait for the bottle to warm. I'm quiet in those minutes, my eyes focus on the way Ni-ki is cooing and tickling the baby on his tummy, Rio's fit of giggles echoed in the air.