10

(TW: Self harm mentions ⚠️)

Jenna's Pov:

I sniff as I enter my house, trying to muffle out my cries with my hand so Y/n doesn't wake up. I turn on the faucet and splash my face with cold water. Looking at myself in the mirror lips quivering. I grip the sides of the sink letting the water run. I let out a sob wiping the hairs out of my face. Shakingly I go to my drawer and pull out the blades Y/n found earlier. I lock the bathroom door and look at the blade in my hand. I shake my head no as I let out another cry. Running the faucet louder incase Y/n hears.

I don't want to do this Y/n will be disappointed at me. I close my eyes trying to calm down gripping the blade harder in my hand. My eyes shot open when I see him in front of my eyes. Accidently dropping the blade in my hand, getting a shock through my hand, making me let out a yelp. I look at the blood dripping from my hand, "no, no, no NO!" I yell out the tears blurring my vision once again. I run my hand under the water forgetting what happened tonight, only concentrating on the pain in my hand. I let out a huff feeling the burning sensation filling my whole body.

"Jenna?" I hear behind the door followed by a soft knock. I let out a cry at that. "Jenna can you please open the door for me?" I look at the bathroom door sobbing. "I didn't mean to Y/n I swear it was an accident." I say through my cries. "Jenna please open the door, I'm not mad at you okay?" I hear her calm voice say.

Y/N Pov:

I hear her open the lock making me open the door. I feel my heart shatter at the sight of her. Huge eye bags under her beautiful eyes, her hair sticking into her face due to sweating and tears caressing her soft cheeks. I immediately engulf her in a hug feeling her soak my shirt. I put my head on hers looking at the sink stained with blood and a blade on the floor. At that I hug her tighter whispering sweet nothings at her trying to calm her shaking body. A million things going through my head.

When her crying calmed down a little I palm her cheek with my hand caressing it softly. She flinches at that shutting her eyes closed. "Shh it's okay it's just me okay?" I say softly. I close the toilet lid and make her sit on it. I kneel in front of her looking into her eyes. "Let me see?" I ask for permission, making her show her hand. I study the big cut across her palm bleeding dangerously out. "Can you make a fist with your hand for me?" I ask earning a wince from her as she closes her fist. "Okay I don't think you need stitches but I do have to clean out the cut so it doesn't get infected love." I say making sure that's okay with her. She nods at the letting out a sniff wiping her tears with the sleeve of her shirt.

I go through the cabins in the bathroom finding a first aid kit. I open it getting out some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball soaking it over the sink. "Okay this might sting a bit if you want you can grip my other hand to ease the pain a little bit." As I was patting the wound with the cotton ball, some winces and sniffs were heard from Jenna's side. I hate hurting her or seeing her broken like this I wonder what happened while I was sleeping, but I don't want to do pressure her even more than she is so I leave it for another day.

I smile at her softly telling her she's doing great, picking up some gauze and gently wrapping it around her palm making sure it's tight enough to stop the bleeding. I kiss her palm better making her chuckle at that. "There's the smile I was looking for." I say smiling myself. I help her up and lay her on the bed covering her fragile body with the blanket. "Are you gonna be okay alone I'm just gonna clean up the bathroom." I earn a small nod from her. I look at her closing the door slowly. "Can you leave the door open please?" I hear her say. "Of course." I say giving her a tight lipped smile.

As I was cleaning up the Bathroom, I couldn't help but think what caused her to do it. Was it me? I should've not pressured her like this. Why do I keep failing at looking out for the people I love? I shake my head as I throw the blade in the trashcan washing my hands off. I reenter Jenna's room making her flinch as my footsteps were heard. "It's me love." I say getting into bed gently wrapping my arms around her waist. "Is this okay?" I ask softly. "Yes." I hear her say above a whisper. We stay in this position for a while thinking she fell asleep. She stirs around and clings her body into mine looking at me. " You will protect me no matter what right?" she asks looking for a answer in my eyes. "Of course I'll do everyone in my power to protect your beautiful soul Jenna." I say putting her hair behind her ear. She slightly smiles at that hiding her face into my neck.

And with that we slowly drift off to sleep in each others arms.

-------
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of self harm information and recourses are available at:
https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/feelings-symptoms-behaviours/behaviours/self-harm/getting-help/
——-

1007 Words.
A short filler chapter :/
What do you think about the story so far?