Chapter 4: A New Day

Skeppy's POV-

Around 12:30 p.m., I got out of bed, showered, and fed both Rocco and myself. I returned upstairs afterward to prepare for my tennis game. I call Lya to play, and as soon as she answers, I head out the door and to my car to wait for her. She comes out and gets in after a minute or so.

"Heya Zak, how've you been?" She asks as she buckles her seatbelt.

"Pretty good, pretty good. I pulled another sick troll on bbh, this time with some assistance" As I rev up the engine once again, I exclaim with pride. 

She chuckles as I leave the driveway. After some driving, we arrive at the tennis court. We realize that we are the only ones there as soon as we step outside and put our gear on. I wrack my brain and consider whether the other friends I invited were late.

"Where are they?" I ask as I head to the bleachers to sit.

"They might've bailed on us, that's okay though, we can just play, or you can call your sister and make this a 2 on 1 game?" She says as she moves to a seat next to me in the bleachers.

"We can just play, I don't mind. Either way, you're going to lose." I chuckle as I stand up, clutch my racquet, and reach for a ball.

"Tch, whatever" With her racquet in hand and her body in a ready position, she skips to the other side of the court while laughing.

I move to my side and position myself before tapping the racquet on the ground and tossing the ball into the air for good measure. As I send the ball her way, I smirk. She chases the ball without hesitating, returning it to my side. In between rounds, we took water breaks as we played for almost 40 minutes. We recline on the bleachers, worn out. With the limited air I have right now and the knowledge that I have one game left, as usual, I chuckle.

"Told you- heh- I'd win!" I chuckle while coughing briefly from exhaustion

"Shut-cah-up! You just got lucky" She remarks while amusingly rolling her eyes.

About 20 minutes later, we are completely relaxed. My eyes widen when I glance at the dashboard time as we return to the car.

"Woah, it's only 1:30?" As I start the car, I say in shock.

"Damn i guess so, have any other plans?" She says as she reaches for her phone.

"Not really, I should grab lunch though"  I say as I drive away.

"Ooo wanna go to the mall? There's this cool Mexican place that just opened there! I think its called La Tiendita? But its so good!" She exclaims as she joyfully turns to face me.

"Sure! I havent been to the mall in like ages!" I say while I'm on route to the mall.

"Zak we literally went last week" She laughs

When we get at the mall, we head straight for the food court. Occasionally pausing to take a selfie with fans. We then sat by the fountain in the mall. 

"Wow this is good!" I Before taking a second taste of the street taco, I say.

"I know right! You should try the Chuleta en salsa verde" I accept her offer to give me a bite as she says.

"Thats so good! But what does that mean?" 

"It's pork chops in green sauce with potatoes and onions" She says with a smile.

We walked around the mall following our meal. We visited a few stores and made a few purchases. Lya left me in a Sears while she went to grab a coffee. We spent some time socializing together. It was 3:40 p.m. when we left the mall, so we made the decision to go back home. After a moderately long drive, we each arrived at our respective homes. I smiled when Rocco greeted me at the entrance and then I went to the kitchen to feed him. I go upstairs after feeding him and discover that I'm receiving a call on Discord. I go up to check my computer, and it's A6D. Before answering it, I smile, sit down, and put on my headphones.

End of Chapter 4 (689 Words)