Chapter 8: Just Kidding

"Vin?" "Vincent?" "Vincent es-tu toujours là ?"(Vincent, are you still here?) As I hear my friends' voices, I shake my head slightly to bring myself back to reality.

"Quoi? Que s'est-il passé??"(What? What happened??) I take a look around at my peers. Louise pokes my face, her eyes filled with concern.

"Uh dude, did you forget? We're playing a game?" Skeppy shrugs

"Right, er sorry" I look down at Ian

"Vincent, ça va? Vous avez un peu occulté après la réponse de Skeppy."(Vincent, are you okay? You kinda blanked out after Skeppy's response.) Bellamy says as she tilts her head to look at Skeppy.

I nod in response and hold Ian, smiling softly at them and motioning for the game to continue. They nod and return their attention to the screen, and I plant a kiss on Ian's head before petting him. Skeppy clears his throat and raises his phone to read the next question. But Gabriel cuts him off before he can read it.

"Now why don' we play another game" He smirks

"Ooo okay! What game?" Bad smiles

"What about.. truth or dare" He says this while making eye contact with Skeppy, who immediately becomes nervous.

"O-okay" Skeppy gulps

"Can I go first?" Gabriel nods in response to Bad's question.

"Okay, uh Skeppy! Truth or dare?" He smiles

"Dare" He says while flipping his hair

"Eat a whole raw clove of garlic!" Bad snickers

"Ah what! No im not doing that!" Skeppy yells

"You have to do it or you have to choose truth my friend" Bellamy smirks

"I'll choose truth then" He pouts

"Okay, uh have you ever cheated on a test?" Bad asks

"Yea, but like who hasnt" Skeppy chuckles

"Okay Skeppy, its your turn" Bad says 

"Uhhh, A6D! Truth or dare" 

"Hm, truth" I respond

"Do you snore?" He asks

"I don know, do I?" I ask as I turn to face my friends. They all look at each other and nod before laughing, which makes the rest of us laugh as well.

"Okay okay, your turn" Skeppy says

"Hmm, Bellamy, truth or dare?"

"Hula hoop until the whole round is over" I laugh, and she looks surprised before pouting and grabbing her hula hoop.

"I'm next, Skeppy truth or dare" Gabriel looks at him

"Dare" 

"Take a spoonful of hot sauce" Skeppy sighs as his eyes widen at his dare. He grabs the bottle and spoon, then spoons some into his mouth. His eyes are tightly shut, and he coughs and runs to his kitchen, most likely to get milk, as soon as he takes the spoon out of his mouth.

We were all laughing after a few rounds of the game. It was my turn, so I ripped the bandaid off and hoped he chose truth. I'm curious when he lied to me. My mind was racing the entire game because I needed this answer.

"Uh Skeppy, truth or dare" 

"Hm, truth!" He smiles at me.

"Um, when we played never have I ever, you said you've lied to someone in the room. Who was it and what was the lie?" My friends exchange bright smiles as they look at each other. They're all leaning forward, waiting for his response. Skeppy gives me a nervous look before responding.

"Oh! That, I was only joking bro. I didn't lie, I just wanted to put some dramatic effect!" Skeppy laughs.

"Oh, okay heh"

I look down at Ian; I'm not sure why but hearing that hurts me. Am I being self-centered? It's a good thing that he didn't lie, so why do I feel this way? That's fine; he doesn't like me like that. I don't... I don't like him in that way either. Why should I like him like that? I barely even know who he is. I should just let it go because I'm probably tired. After all, he was joking. And I don't like him that way.

'...Just kidding'

End of chapter 8 (624 Words) 

Sorry for the short chapter, my draft for the rest of this chapter got deleted. I might come back and edit this but I don't want to hold this chapter back.