[10]

"It's Mason?" Gwen asked her brother. Frankly, she was in shock someone so docile and sweet could turn into something so evil.

"Yeah.. Scott found his shoes in the trunk." Stiles put a hand through his hair.

"Intense." Gwen said, thinking about Mason's voice saying it. "How do we stop it without hurting him?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out. For him... and for you." He said quietly. He would've rather him go Void a hundred times over again, just so she didn't have to.

Gwen tried to act like it didn't bother her, but it did. It felt like she was rotting.

"He ran off, Liam is looking for him right now." Stiles said exaggerating his name, hinting at their display prior.

She smirked and shrugged her shoulders, "Hey, don't be a hater just cause I have more game than you."

"Gwen, your type is brunettes on the verge of psychopathy, this isn't game this is suicide!" He said, making her frown.

"Gwen.." Malia said walking through the door with Braeden. She hadn't talked to her in a while, not in a friend way, at least. It was only at pack meetings. It felt like being business partners rather than being best friends.

"Tell her." Braeden advised her, watching the siblings faces contort in confusion the exact same way.

"You know how my mother wants to kill me? I think she might want to kill you too." She said bluntly toward her friend.

Gwen's eyes widened, "Thanks for the heads up, Malia."

"Okay, uh, that's disconcerting. I should probably have a gun." Stiles said making his sister and Malia look at Braeden for permission.

"I'm not giving you a gun."

"You have a gun. The Desert Wolf who is trying to kill my little sister, has a gun. I think we should all probably have a gun."

Braeden rolled her eyes and handed a gun to Gwen before handing another to Stiles to which he dropped. Her eyes tightened in frustration hearing the clatter on the ground.

"I probably shouldn't have a gun.."

Malia left the room suddenly in anger and Gwen followed her down the stairs. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay, Gwen?" She snapped at her.

The blondes eyes widened and she whispered back, "I'm sorry."

Malia sighed, "No—No, I'm sorry." She walked over to her and grabbed her by the hands, sitting them both down on Scott's couch. "I'm just so worried about you. With the Dread Doctors and now my mom.."

"Hey, don't worry about me. I mean, don't let me die, but you need to care about yourself too." She said. "Why does it feel like we grew apart?"

"It's my fault." Malia squeezed her hand softly. It was gentle, something that was new to her. It made Gwen smile. "I guess, after everything with your brother.. I've had a hard time being around you guys."

"I know, I'm sorry. I can kick his ass if you—"

"No, Gwen." Malia laughed. "I just missed you."

"I missed you too." Gwen said wrapping her arms around her slim shoulders. "Why me? I mean— why is it me your mom is after?"

"Because you're my anchor, Gwen. You always have been."

"But Stiles..." She said letting go of her body.

"No, it was never Stiles. It was you." She said making Gwen tear up.

—G—