[8]

Scott, Liam, Gwen, and Stiles were in the jeep as Scott got a text from Argent. Chris had been watching Parrish in his sleep to see where he went when he left in the middle of the night and turned into the hellhound.

"He's heading to the school." Scott said looking down at his phone.

"Why's Parrish going to the school?" Liam asked leaning forward to make direct eye contact with his Alpha.

"That's not Parrish. At least not right now." Scott said to Liam.

The Beta shook his head, "Okay, why's a hellhound going to the school?"

"Cause he's got a yearning for higher education." Stiles said sarcastically. "Liam, hellhounds at the school. So, we're going to the school. Okay?" The engine revved as Liam sat back near Gwen. They made eye contact and Gwen smiled awkwardly at him. He thought it was comforting, but she found it uncomfortable.

Scott, Stiles, and Gwen all got out of the Jeep quickly leaving Liam behind them. He banged the door loudly drawing attention to them. He rubbed the back of his head nervously as the trio turned around to look at him like disappointed parents.

"Sorry." He said with an exasperated sigh. They walked around to see Chris Argent with a gun. He remained looking around.

"Where's Parrish?" Gwen asked Chris.

Argent shook his head, "I lost him. He's moving too fast."

Liam tapped on Gwen's shoulder making her jump a little. He pointed toward their left and she widened her eyes, "Scott.. that guys not moving at all."

They all looked to that direction to see what looked like a dead body. They crossed by it to the see the front of the body ripped to shreds. They continued forward to see another body about 10 yards away and then 10 yards past the next body, a school bus full of dead bodies.

"Look.." Liam said pointing at the massacre that had broken out. Gwen's mouth went ajar at the sight. She had never seen this many dead bodies.

A boy from underneath the rest raised up, "Help me." His frail voice let out.

Right as Scott started making his way to help the boy, hellhound Parrish walked out and stated, "It's a trap."

"Please." The boy said again, agony and pain lacing his voice. Scott desperately wanted to help him but Parrish refused.

He turned around looking at Scott and with a clenched jaw said, "You can't help him." Suddenly the boy was cut in half and the upper part of his body was on the ground.

Gwen gagged and Liam held onto her arm. The Beast stood above all the bodies and snarled at them. His eyes glowing and angry glared at all of them. Stiles stuttered, "That's big. No one said it was that big."

"I did.." Liam let out as the Beast roared at them. Parrish roared back letting out his claws that most of them were unaware he had. Parrish went after the Beast as it ran in the other direction, breaking out the front glass. They continued to chase each other down the street.

"What the hell is happening?" Scott asked Argent.

"It's getting smarter." He said with a closed fist.

—G—

Gwen walked around the library looking for a book while she felt a breathing on the back of her neck. Turning around slowly, she saw Theo and his mischievous smile. His eyes moved up and down looking her over. "Hey Gwen."

She rolled her eyes and turned back the bookshelf while bluntly replying, "Hi Theo."

He looked her up and down once more and frowned, "Someone's happy to see me. Are you okay? I can smell the fear on you."