[1]

ii

ii. Scars

Gwen worked on an hour and a half of sleep to go see her injured father in the hospital. Not sleeping was something she was used to, but she wanted that to change.

Bandages covering one side of her face, she held her head in her hands rethinking over the night. Melissa put the bandages on as quickly as possible, as well as cleaning the wounds.

It was one of the most traumatic experiences of her life, following Allison's death, her brother becoming Void, and her own death.

She missed back when she was ignorant; back when they went to Mexico. She was happy then.

Back when the pack was together, when people didn't stare in the hallways, and she was scar-less.

Of course, if she went back she wouldn't have met people like Liam or Mason. Unfortunately, Liam was the cause of most of her pain that evening. She would forgive him nonetheless, because that was just the kind of person she was.

"Hey?" Melissa showed up in front of the siblings and Stiles gasped waking up. Gwen looked over at her brother and sighed sadly. He overthought more than her, and that was saying something.

It pained her to see him like this. He had been through so much that night.

She knew she had to be strong for him.

She always was.

"He's okay. Dr. Geyer is stitching him up right now." Stiles nodded listening to Scott's mom.

"We need to see him." Gwen said getting up, her voice demanding but quiet.

"No-the anesthetic needs to wear off. It's gonna be at least two hours."

"Okay, but everything-he's gonna be okay?" Gwen stuttered catching her breath. It was hard to breathe that night. She felt like there was weight on her chest and there was nothing she could do.

"Gwen, he's gonna be just fine. You had a very rough night and you should get some sleep, both of you."

Stiles leaned back in his chair, "Oh thank God."

When Melissa left, Gwen looked over at her brother. "It's all my fault. I-I knew."

"What do you mean?"

"I knew Theo was going to try and kill Scott. I saw it, but I was so scared that the vision was wrong that I didn't say anything. And now.. I'm gonna have lines over my face till the day I die and I sacrificed the one life I knew I could save. Scott almost died and it's all my fault."

Her brain raced with unspoken thoughts.

"I thought I was gonna die tonight. I thought I was never gonna see you again. I don't wanna die." Hearing this, Stiles nodded. It reminded him of his sophomore year, when the Kanima was loose.