[6]

"She's waking up..." Ms. McCall said from the side of her, touching her IV lightly. "Gwen? Can you hear me?"

Gwen nodded and looked behind the woman in front of her to see her brother, father, and her best friend, Scott.

"Are you okay, Gwen? What the hell happened?" Her father demanded angry but still concerned.

Stiles stepped forward.

"Can I have a moment alone with her?"

Scott nodded and helped their father out of the room, along with his mother.

Stiles sat on the chair besides his sister. For the most part, he didn't know what to say. He knew and she knew. There was really nothing to be done and they knew that. It hurt him to see her in such a state, but if he could do it so could she.

"I'm sorry. I should've been here." Stiles spoke up with a shaky voice holding one side of his head.

"Stiles, I'm— that was. I can't even explain it. I'm so scared " Gwen said looking up at the ceiling avoiding her brother's glare.

"Gwen, we stopped it once we can do it again. I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise." Stiles said grabbing her hand in comfort. Sure, it was a small gesture, but it kept her going.

"But why me?"

"I don't know, Gwen.." He replied back to her. "But when it happens, you need to promise me—promise me that you will be strong."

"i'm not strong." Gwen said shaking her head slowly. Stiles cursed under his breath.

"Gwen, you are strong. No matter how many times you say you aren't." He began to say until they heard a knock at the door. Stiles looked back and saw their father standing there with a saddened look on his face.

"Dad.." Gwen gasped softly reaching her arms up. "I'm sorry."

He hugged her back holding her like that was going to be the last time. "It's not your fault."

He stepped back, taking in a sharp breath. Tears welled up in his eyes, but he promised himself he wouldn't cry. Her father then spoke, "Can we stop this?"

Stiles shrugged, "The only way would be to destroy the Dread Doctors. What they are doing to her isn't the same as what happened to me. Sure, it's the same entity, but it's only possessing her temporarily. When the Dread Doctors come around, she'll turn. It's like she's under their trance."

Gwen looked up at him, "How did you know that?"

"I've had very long conversations with Kira's mom." He replied smiling a little. "You'll be okay, dork."

Gwen and Stiles were always a duo no matter what they went through. They were there for each other when their mom died, when Stiles was Void, and even when he struggled to find the right words to say to Lydia.

They were there for each other even when they didn't say anything. The small glances at each other assured them that everything was gonna be okay.

But Gwen wasn't too sure about now.

"Melissa? Why are we evacuating?" Gwen asked walking in the lobby of the hospital in her gown while holding onto her IV pole. She then looked down at her phone, several texts came from Scott.

Scott ❤️:
beast heading toward hospital. get out as soon as possible.

She widened her eyes. "Well damn, that's why."

Alarms beeped around her as she heard Melissa is talking on the speaker, "Again, this is a Code White, a full hospital evacuation. All critical patients will be taken by ambulance to Hill Valley."