[5]

ii

ii. True Potential

a/n y'all are about to scream skskksksks

"What are you doing here?" Gwen's throat tightened when she walked down the stairs of Scott's house. Stiles and Scott we're heading to New Mexico to find Kira and demanded Gwen to stay.

"I-I came to talk to Scott. I want to help." Liam said walking closer to her. "Hayden's alive."

"Okay." Gwen said bluntly but in a soft tone.

"Theo brought them back, Gwen. I don't know how you ever trusted him.. now they're all part of his-his.. pack."

She shook her head, "Whether you like it or not.. we are on the same side right now. Us and Theo."

Liam crinkled his nose, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about this thing. It's big and it's fast. It already killed a mechanic and it's gonna kill more people. It was basically resurrected by the Dread Doctors.. and it's a teenager. One of us."

He widened his eyes not hearing any of this before. "Then why the hell are we just standing here not doing anything?"

Gwen shrugged, "You can go. I'm not."

"And why the hell not?"

"Because I don't know if you noticed, Liam. I don't heal. If I'm dead. I'm dead. Never coming back. I'm not some science experiment like your 'supposed to be dead' girlfriend."

Liam got defensive at that comment. "You can't talk about her like that when you went out with a sociopath, who is also our enemy and tried to make me kill Scott."

"That's where you're wrong, Liam. Whether you know it or not. You tried to kill Scott on your own and then you left him. Left him for dead." She growled. "Theo actually showed interest in me. That's never happened to me before. Instead of saying that I'm always jealous and I need to stop, take your own advice and leave me the hell alone before you scratch up my face more than it already is."

"You're such a bipolar bitch, you know that? First, you like me and then all of a sudden one guy shows interest in you. You'd fall to your knees for him right then and there. Enemy or not." His words sliced at her like knives. Each one cutting deeper and deeper.

"Get out."

"What?"

She growled with her teeth glowing a bright orange, "I said get the hell out."

"You don't know what you're talking about, Gwen. This isn't your house. You don't have a right to tell me anything. You always tell me what to do and treat me like a dog."

"Shut up." She said bluntly in a soft volume.

Liam stepped forward, "There you go again. You let my girlfriend die and you probably didn't care. Just so you could have me all for yourself."