[4]

ii

ii. The Pack

"Gwen, what are you doing standing out in the middle of the road?" Theo walked up to her slowly making her pulse thud and anger build.

"Don't fucking talk to me." She gave him the middle finger and started to speed up her walking.

"Don't shut me out." He started saying with his hands in his pockets.

She whipped around pointing her finger in his chest, "Shut you out? Are we just going to pretend like I didn't know you tried to manipulate my best friend, kill my father, mentally drain my brother, and murder the one who kept my pack together? Screw you, Theo."

"I know you're pissed, but I kept you alive for a reason."

She rolled her eyes, "Why?"

He didn't answer but remained angry.

"You're supposed to be with us, Gwen. With my pack. We get to have you."

"No, you don't get to have me. Not me, not my body, and sure as hell not my abilities."

"Should've killed you when I had the chance.." He muttered under his breath. "Well, I'm right here." She snapped back at him turning back on her heels.

Everything about that day pissed her off.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket. It was Stiles, who was at the hospital with their father.

"Hello?" She whispered hoping Theo wasn't eavesdropping on the conversation, even though he presumably left.

"C-Can you come to the hospital like now?"

"Is everything okay? Did something happen to Dad?"

She heard Stiles breath heavily through the phone, "Everything's fine, I just need assistance."

"I'll be there soon." She hung up quickly making her way toward the hospital.

__

"Why the hell are you sweating?" Stiles furrowed his brows looking at his sister, who was breathing heavily and had sweat beads on her forehead.

"You try not having a car." She leaned on a wall, "I'm gonna pass out."

"J-Just come on." He urged bringing her up to the B floor. That's where they kept the morgue, the home of the dead.

They both looked through the window and saw their father standing over Donovan's body. He had grief and guilt written all over his face.