Chapter Nine - Zay

Well, that was unexpected

Well, that was unexpected. But it's perfect.

It's just what I wanted.

A little taste left me somewhat satisfied.

No.

To distract him.

As soon as he asks me to get dressed, I do, then slowly open the window, and slip out. I've been planning my escape for some time.

Every time he showers or chops firewood, I plan.

It's easy.

Open the window, slide out, close the window.

The only problem is, the window is a crank window, I can't close it all the way from outside.

He won't notice.

Not now, at least.

He'll be too busy thinking of us having sex to notice. Good fucking sex at that.

What helps is, his buddies arrived right as we finished.

Perfect timing.

I slip into the forest, looking back at the cabin with not an ounce of regret that I let this man inside me after knowing he's only keeping me here because my dickbag ex-boyfriend owes him money.

I'm no trollop, but I've been around. Exchanged sex for favors.

It doesn't bother me. I like sex. I like the thrill of it. So having sex with Riggs is nothing but a business transaction, in a way.

I distracted him. He got a taste of me.

Leaves crunch under my feet, causing me to look over my shoulder a few times.

Part of me was tempted to take his gun.

The one he keeps under the mattress.

But I didn't have time.

I charge for the water, one of two options of houses to swim to. Either they're home and they help me—or sell me out—or no one's home and I jack their car.

"Zay?" Riggs yells.

"The fuck are you lady?" Lip calls.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I dart to a ditch, crouching down and hiding, breathing heavily as I do.

They're going to kill me.

I just know it.

Heavy pounding comes closer to my right. I have nothing around me to defend myself.

Crew is there with Riggs, stopping by the opening of the path to the dock. "How'd you let her escape?"

Riggs grits his teeth. "I didn't let her escape."

"You had one job."

Riggs growls. "And I'm doing that job, aren't I?"