Epilogue - Peter

Zaynab left me for dead

Stabbed me in the neck with the pen she used the last time we studied together.

Woman I fell in love with the moment I laid eyes on her tried to kill me.

I don't remember much after it happened. I remember squeezing my neck and dragging myself to my cell phone.

I woke up in the hospital four days later.

Tubes coming out of me. Wires and things.

Crew was by my side, Adam, too. Riggs wasn't there, I couldn't understand why at first.

I couldn't remember what happened. Couldn't remember where Zay went or if she was okay. I didn't ask about her, didn't want anyone to taint her like they tainted Lillian. Or Natalia, as she went by. And I killed her for what she did to my family. Which brought me back to why I was lying in a hospital bed. Zaynab stabbed me in the neck when she found Lillian's cell phone in my desk drawer.

Like a fucking idiot, I didn't get rid of it. I couldn't. Not after backing up her pictures. But I never had the time. Six weeks later, I remembered it because Zay found it.

Zay. Beautiful Zay with her hazel eyes and that wild wavy hair she always kept straight. I'll never forget the first time I met her.

I was about a week in at Stanford University, can't remember how many parties me and the guys crashed, but this one, in particular, is the one I remember best.

She sat at the bar, a towel wrapped around a bag of ice that was held to her chin. Like a champ, she still did shots that were offered to her. She caught my attention the second I walked in. I was hooked. Mesmerized.

I wanted her and I'd do anything it took to get her.

I made my way across the dancing lunatics and stole the barstool beside her, grinning.

She smiled back, lighting up those eyes of hers. "I wouldn't sit there if I were you."

I arched an eyebrow, swiveling in the seat to face her. Our knees grazed as I did. "Yeah? Why's that?"

She pointed behind me to a redhead with bushy hair who was swaying as she stood facing a wall. "She just puked on it."

I scrunched my nose and got up, looking at the stool, then the back of my jeans. No mess. Someone must've cleaned it. When I turned around, I was standing directly in front of Zay. Between her legs, no less.

A giggle left her as she removed the bag of ice from under her chin, some blood decorating the towel. "It was cleaned a while ago, don't worry." Her giggle hadn't died down. "You should've seen the look on your face, though."

That smile instantly had me.

I nodded at the ice pack in her hand, rolling my eyes back to hers. "What happened here?"