chapter thirty six.

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX:DON'T BLAME ME

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX:
DON'T BLAME ME.

⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅

THE GLARE THAT Bobby sent Sam and Birdie the minute they returned to the living room was something that neither of them thought they would be able to ever forget. Having already been told what Dean saw along with witnessing Sam and Birdie's disheveled appearances for himself when they returned to the living room, it wasn't very hard for Bobby to believe that something had happened between them. Birdie didn't think anything of how Bobby might react, but suddenly she felt her entire face flush of all color and her heart rate quicken as soon as her eyes fell on the older man.

His eyes were sharply narrowed, arms folded over his chest as he stood in the middle of the entryway that divided the living room and the kitchen. Dean was standing by the table, a beer in his hand with an amused grin plastered on his lips. Birdie's gaze had darted to Dean, eyes slightly widening when he faintly shook his head and raised his brows as his smile grew wider. She turned her head towards Sam, watching him nervously gulp as his eyes remained glued on Bobby.

So much for that plan.

"So. . .you kids got something you wanna tell us?"

Birdie's lips slowly parted, stealing another glance over at Sam. He met her gaze, stammering as he faced Bobby. "I, uh, we. . ." Sam's voice dragged off, faintly shaking his head. His eyes flickered towards Birdie again, seeing her faintly nod her head; he could take the lead. "We're. . .we're, uh. . .together."

"Finally!" Dean cheered, holding up his beer with a perky smile before he took a rather large drink. Bobby raised a skeptical brow, eyes flickering between Sam and Birdie without uttering a single word.

"Uh, Bobby?" Birdie softly asked, raising her brows. "Are you okay?"

"You kids are serious?" Bobby asked.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Birdie retorted.

Bobby gave her a blank look. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you two idjits spend most of your time saying you aren't together."

Birdie heavily sighed, shaking her head as she shared another silent look with Sam. "You really think we'd actually admit it?" Birdie asked, placing her hands on her hips. "You've seen how much Dean teases us."

"Yeah, and I'd think you'd wanna tell him so he'd finally shut the hell up."

"Hey," Dean meekly said, holding his hands out at his sides as he glared at the back of Bobby's head. Bobby glanced over his shoulder, shrugging when he saw Dean's expression. Dean pursed his lips, gaze falling on Sam and Birdie again. Bobby faced forward, silently examining Sam and Birdie.

Birdie almost feared that he would somehow see right through their lie, that something else must've been going on for them to actually say they were together when they spent so long denying it. But, Bobby suddenly began to smile, dropping his arms at his sides as he started to chuckle. Birdie breathed out a nervous laugh, casting a weary glance towards Sam to see him doing the same thing.