❝Chapter 4❞

Stuck in the traffic, I looked outside the window of my car

Stuck in the traffic, I looked outside the window of my car. Like always, the street of Islamabad was busy. The traffic light turned green, and I drove towards my office.

Just a few seconds after I had entered my office cabin, a knock came on the door. "Come in."

"Sir, your coffee." saying that my P.A, Aryan, placed the coffee on the table.

He told me about the schedule for today and left shortly after.

I was looking at the files when I heard a knock on my cabin door. "Come in."

Rehan entered with some files in his hands and gave them to me. I started reviewing the files when he said, "Now, that you are getting married, you should stop your affair, bhai."

I sharply looked at him.

"What? Don't look at me like that. I don't want my Bhabhi to face problems in her marital life. Nobody should be betrayed. Especially by their spouses. And your soon to be wife is such a pure soul. " He said with an innocent face.

"Done?" I asked him. "And where did this affair come from?"

"You have some nerve, bhai. You are always engrossed in the office work. If it was possible, you would have probably married your laptop. Poor Ayesha, how would she spend her life with such a workaholic person?" He spoke his hands on either sides of his cheeks.

"I heard Chacha Jaan found a guy for Zainab." I gave him a smirk. His eyes widened and he looked at me in horror.

"No." Rehan yelled loudly. "She is too young to get married, I will talk to Chacha jaan."

I smacked his head and chuckled. He narrowed his eyes to me. "You were kidding?"

"Well, our family will definitely talk about her marriage someday. So, I just told you so you could be prepared for that day." I shrugged.

Rehan huffed. "Do you think she will agree to marry me if I send the proposal?" I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, either way I will talk to Ammi after she finishes her college." Rehan said and left after teasing me for a while.

🌿🌿🌿

I was on the way back to the office after attending a meeting in a restaurant when my phone rang. I smiled picking the call. "Assalamu alaykum, Ammi."

"Walaikum assalam, beta. Can you come to the mall right now? We have to get measurement for your dresses." Ammi asked.

"Sure, Ammi. I will be there. Allah Hafiz" I asked my driver to take me to the mall. When I reached there, Ammi was waiting for me with my two aunts and Zainab, who was looking annoyed. This girl really despises shopping. I chuckled.

Ammi ushered me towards a shop which was full of dresses.

After the measurement was taken, we walked to the jewelry shop so that I could buy a wedding gift for my wife.

I asked the shopkeeper to show me some necklaces. I looked at the necklaces displayed but none of them caught my attention. So, I told him to show some rings and he did the same just like I had requested.

My eyes caught a simple diamond ring. It was not too flashy. I remember Ayesha wearing minimal jewelry at her brother's reception. It would be perfect for her. But how do I ask her for her size? I do not even have her number. I looked around and my eyes landed on Zainab. Zainab might have an idea.

"Zainab."

"Yes, bhai." saying that she came towards me. I showed her the ring which I had chosen. She looked at the ring and then at me. "Are you buying this for Ayesha?" I nodded.

"It's perfect. She would definitely like it." She looked at the shopkeeper. "Can I see get ring of size 7.5?"

"Sure, ma'am. Let me get it." saying that he took out the ring.

The man gave her the ring. She inspected it. "Okay, pack this." Zainab said.

I paid the bill and took the ring from the shopkeeper. I scrolled through my emails while waiting for them to finish their shopping.

"I am hungry." whined Zainab when we exited the shop.

Kainat Chachi glared at her. "You just at two hours ago,"

"That's two hours ago, Ammi. I am a growing woman. I need food." Zainab said and turned towards my mother giving her puppy eyes, "Tayi Ammi?"

Ammi chuckled at her, and we decided to go to the nearby restaurant.

"One plate aloo Tikki, one plate keema naan and one Dahi Bhalla for me." Zainab said to the waiter who was assigned to our table.

"Ya Allah. Who eats that much? No. Just do keema naan for her." Kainat Chachi said.

"Ammi, please." Zainab said. But Chachi glared at her, and she huffed.

We were having our food when Zainab's phone rang. I looked at the caller id and frowned. "Jaani💕" She picked up the call and put it in the speaker. "Assalaamu alaykum."

"Walaikum assalaam, Zainab. Where are you?" Ayesha's voice came from the phone. I narrowed my eyes at Zainab. Why did she save Ayesha's number as 'Jaani'?

"In a restaurant of IC mall. Why? Is everything alright?" Zainab asked.

"Yeah, everything is alright, don't worry. It's just I called you to go dress shopping with me" Ayesha said.

"Aren't Anam appi and Jannat with you?" Zainab asked, confused.

"You know how they are with shopping. So, please." I smiled hearing Ayesha's plea.

"Okay, I will be there. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." saying that Ayesha hung up the call.

After we finished our food, Ammi and aunts left for home while I dropped Zainab in Siddiqui Mansion before returning to office.

How was the chapter, guys? Please share your views on it. Also, don't forget to click star icon below.

Lots of love.
Samm