❝Chapter 8❞

I was in a meeting room, doing monthly invigilation of my employees, when I felt vibration in my pocket

I was in a meeting room, doing monthly invigilation of my employees, when I felt vibration in my pocket. I never put my phone in silence in case some emergency at home arises. I looked at my phone to see "Begum❤️" calling. Ayesha? She has never called me in these two weeks of our married life. I signaled the girl who was giving her presentation to stop and leave
the room, picking up the call with a frown.

"Rayyan. Guess what?" Her excited voice washed away all of my worries. Judging by her voice, I knew she was selected.

"What?" I asked her in a soft tone. I heard a gasp behind me which I ignored and left for my cabin.

"I got selected." I could hear happiness in her voice.

"See, I told you, didn't I? Congratulations. Alhamdullilah, I am so happy for you."

"Thank you." she said softly. "Um, can you come early today? I wanted to visit Little Valley Orphanage."

I looked at the time. It was just one.

"Where are you, now?" I asked her.

"Um, home." She replied.

"Get ready. I will be there."

"But-" I cut her off.

"No, buts. Be ready by the time I reach there, okay?"

"Okay, Allah Hafiz." she said.

"Allah Hafiz." I hung up the call. I took the car keys from the drawer.

"Tell them, the meeting is cancelled." I informed my PA and walked to the elevator.

🌿🌿🌿

There was a lot of noise in the living room when I reached the villa.

"Bhai?" Humera was the first one to notice me but wait, why is she downstairs?

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"What do you mean? Did you forget I live here too?" She narrowed her eyes to me.

"Chachi jaan, did she finish all her exams?" Hearing this, Bushra Chachi glared at her.

"Ammi, please. It's just for a while. Let me celebrate my sisters' success." Humera said.

"Rayyan, stop chastising her." Ammi hit my arm.

"I heard Shahzain is returning for internship." I smirked at her.

Her eyes widened. "How do you live with this khadoos, Ayesha?"

Ayesha looked at me but didn't say anything.

"Well, you better study well else, Zain will snatch away your internship." I said with a smirk while she stomped her feet and went to her room.

"Now, she will not leave the room even to eat. Why would you tell her?" Ammi slapped my arm.