❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑❞

Ayesha was currently on her way to the mall. It had already been three weeks since their return from Karachi. Two days later was her husband's birthday and she had wanted to surprise him. So, here she was on her way to the mall with a driver to buy present for him.

She walked towards a shop in a mall and started looking for kurta pajama set for her husband. According to her, her husband slayed in kurta pajama. She was looking through the dresses when she heard someone clearing throat behind her. She turned her head and came face to face with Laiba, her classmate.

Laiba was the daughter of a well-known fashion designer. Ayesha's friendship with Zainab was the reason she had always loathed her. When she discovered that she was married to Rayyan, her hatred for her grew. Her parents had been there during Ayesha and Rayyan's wedding celebration due to which she had known about the marriage.

"Is that why you married Rayyan?" Laiba asked Ayesha with harsh tone.

Ayesha frowned at her and ignored her. She was not going to ruin her happy mood because of some unimportant people. Seeing Ayesha not giving her any attention, Laiba grabbed her shoulders harshly and pushed her.

"What's your problem?" Ayesha asked with a glare.

"You. You are my problem." Laiba said with hatred. "People like you whose standard does not match ours but still step foot in the places where we belong."

Ayesha rolled her eyes at her. Laiba was more angered seeing this due to which she raised her hand to slap Ayesha. But Ayesha grabbed her hand before it could touch her face.

"What's happening here?" An old lady who was walking towards them asked.

"See, how shameless this girl is. She married my rich friend and now is buying clothes for her lover. And when I confronted her, she started cursing me." Laiba said innocently while she was anything but that.

"Don't you have some shame?" The lady said giving Ayesha an angry look.

"Look, ma'am-" Ayesha's words were cut off by that lady.

"Because of people like you we are unable to get out daughters married. People like you should be banished from society." Saying that the old woman pushed her making Ayesha fall on the ground.

By the time, a lot of other people had gathered and they were criticizing Ayesha, who had now stood up from the ground.

She blinked her eyes, suddenly finding the flash on her face. She found reporters surrounding her along with those women who were criticizing her and Laiba.

"Are you cheating on Mr Khan?" One of the reporters asked her.

"Does he know about your affair? Of your betrayal?" Another one asked. Ayesha tried to pass them but she was not getting the way. The reporters were throwing lots of allegations on her. Her driver, who had come with her was not able to reach her among the crowd.

The news reporters had started questioning her character too. She was not able to answer them back like she had done to Laiba. She had always hated attention and this was overwhelming her in a negative way.

She was starting to shake when she felt familiar arms wrapping her. She raised her head to see her husband who was red with rage.

Rayyan had immediately left the office when he got the call from the driver. Seeing Rayyan, the reporters turned towards him.

"Mr. Khan, did you know about your wife's affair?"

Rayyan glared hard at the man who had dared to ask him such absurd question.

"Shut up." He yelled loudly. The reporters took their steps backs in fear. He glanced towards his wife who had flinched in his arms and rubbed his hand on her back in calming way.

"You people are no one, to whom I have to give justification but still my wife was not here for shopping for her some secret lover. She was here to buy birthday present for me which was supposed to be a surprise but you decided to poke your nose in others matter and ruined it." Rayyan said looking at everyone with anger.

He walked out of the shop securing his wife in his arms with bodyguards following him.

Rayyan sat on the backseat of the car and kept his wife on his lap.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly looking at her.

She shook her head negatively, tightening her hands around him.

"It's all over. You are safe." He said rubbing her back.

Sobbed racked through Ayesha. She had never faced such situation in her whole life. It was so humiliating and terrifying the way they were questioning her character.

"Shh...shh...It's over, Meri Jaan. You are fine. You are safe with me." Rayyan said trying to calm her which he knew was futile. No person would be okay getting publicly humiliated and criticized. He vowed to make all those miserable who brought tears in his Begum's eyes.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to tarnish your reputation." She sniffed pulling away from him and looking down.

Rayyan brought her head near and wiped her tear strained face. "You did nothing to say sorry, Meri Jaan. And my reputation has not been tarnished. Don't let their words get to you."

Ayesha nodded and laid her head on his chest. Rayyan caressed her hair and kissed her head. Ayesha dozed off due to stress and crying. Before letting sleep overtake her, Ayesha muttered, "I love you."

Hello, lovelies

How was the chapter, guys? Please share your views and also don't forget to click the star icon below.

Lots of Love