❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑❞

Ayesha was in her ninth month of pregnancy. Her due date was near. Right now, she was watching cricket with Rehan and, four months pregnant, Zainab. Just like Ayesha had predicted, Zainab had gotten pregnant after a month of their marriage. Ayesha had laughed along with her husband when the younger couple announced their pregnancy.

Rayyan had gone to Faisalabad due to an urgent meeting. He had not wanted to leave his wife, but Ayesha had sent him forcefully. Pregnancy had made Ayesha really emotional and cranky. Rayyan had patiently fulfilled all her wishes. The man was happy to serve his wife. Their love was growing day by day.

"I want panipuri." Ayesha said suddenly while watching the cricket.

Rehan did not pay any heed to her since he was engrossed in the cricket. Ayesha looked at her side. Zainab was sleeping with her head on her husband's lap, while Rehan was caressing her head. Ayesha missed her husband at this time. She regretted sending Rayyan away. She poked Rehan's arms, "Rehan Bhai." But Rehan was too into cricket. She called him a few times but IND VS PAK cricket match was turning more intense.

Tears started welling up in Ayesha's eyes. She felt like she was ignored. If Rayyan would have been here, then he would have made her the panipuri with his own hands. Suddenly, louds sobs started erupting from her. Hearing her sobs, Rehan turned to her.

"Bhabhi..." Before he could say anything further, Ayesha cut him off.

"Go away." She said still crying.

"Bhabhi, what happened?" Rehan asked panicking.

Ayesha shook her head negatively, "Call Rayyan."

"I can't. Bhai must be in meeting right now." Rehan said looking at his watch. Hearing his words, Ayesha cries became louder which woke up the sleeping Zainab.

"I want Rayyan. Call him." Ayesha said sniffing.

Not finding any other measure, Rehan called his brother.

Rayyan was in the middle of the meeting when his phone rang. Seeing Rehan's caller id, Rayyan panicked. He left the meeting in the middle and walked out of the hall. His assistant informed the reason for Rayyan's sudden departure to other people present in the hall.

Rayyan picked up the call, "Rehan, is Ayesha-"

"Khan Sahab." He heard his wife's strained voice before he could finish his words.

"Begum...Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Rayyan asked panicking. He quickly signed his assistant to book a ticket to Islamabad for him. The meeting be damned, his wife and baby were more important. He should not have come here.

"Nobody loves me except you. Come back." Ayesha said sniffing. Her words gained her gasp from Rehan who was staring at his sister-in-law with wide eyes.

"What did Rehan do?" Rayyan asked.

"He did not give me panipuri. The baby and I wanted to have some panipuri but he ignored me. He is so bad. He doesn't care for me like he used to do before. He didn't even let me, and baby have anything" By now Ayesha was crying on full mode. Rehan was still in shock seeing his sister-in-law put allegations against him. Hearing Ayesha's cries, others had also arrived.

"I will scold him. Don't cry, okay?" Rayyan said.

"Come soon." Ayesha said to him.

"I will. Now, will you pass the phone to Rehan?" Rayyan told her softly.

Ayesha passed the phone to Rehan who was fearing to talk to his brother.

He gulped before putting the phone in his ear. "Bhai, I-"