❝Chapter 7❞

Rayyan and Ayesha were getting ready for their office and college respectively. It had already been two days since their reception. As Rayyan was working on an important project and Aisha had her classes, they mutually decided to continue their respective works and go on a vacation after Aisha gives her final exam.

When they came for breakfast, Bushra was serving Zainab and Hamid who were arguing over which one is healthier, Cheeseburger or Pizza?

Rayyan and Ayesha looked at each other. Ayesha giggled whereas the former shook his head as if telling they are not related to me. They took their seats ignoring them.

"Stop it you two." Bushra said fed up of their tantrums.

"Ammi, tell her-" Hamid's words were cut off seeing his mother's glare. He huffed and continued eating his breakfast.

"Rayyan? Why are you ready this early, beta?" Kainat asked, surprised to see her nephew already ready in his office attire. It was just 6:15.

"Assalaam alaykum. I will drop girls to their university and go to office straight from there, Chachi Jaan." Rayyan replied.

"You two should have taken a few more days off. You might be still exhausted from all the rituals." Fareeda said looking at her son and daughter-in-law.

Ayesha glanced at Rayyan before replying, "We have one final project to submit before joining internship, aunty. So, it's necessary to go."

"Who is aunty here?" Fareeda narrowed her eyes while Ayesha looked at her mother-in-law in confusion. "I am not talking to you, unless you call me, Ammi like Rayyan. You are also my daughter, Ayesha" Fareeda said with a loving smile.

Ayesha glanced at Rayyan who gave her an encouraging smile and she looked again at Fareeda saying, "Okay, Ammi."

Zainab, who had been quiet till the ladies came, narrowed her eyes at Rayyan, "I can feel your love, Rayyan Bhai. You never dropped me to the uni, before, but the moment your wife came you started dropping her, huh."

Rayyan smirked at Zainab. "I don't drop the lazy ones who sleep till late in the morning."

Zainab huffed and said, "You are so cruel, bhai. Just you wait, I will ask my husband to take revenge on you."

"Husband?" yelled Rehan who had just arrived to have his breakfast. "You got married?" He looked at Zainab with wide eyes while the latter rolled her eyes.

"You didn't know, Rehan Bhai?" Hamid said with a mischievous smile. "Zainab had her Nikah two months ago."

"We were not supposed to disclose her marriage matter, Hamid." Humera who had arrived along with Rehan and Hashim, said.

"When did this happen, Zainab?" Kainat acted as if she was shocked. Zainab just hung her head low.

Rehan turned pale and looked at all the members. At last, he looked at his brother, who had a blank face. Rayyan noticed tears forming in the eyes of Rehan and said, "They are just joking."

Everyone laughed as soon as Rayyan let out his words. Rehan glared at Zainab who had smirk on her face and walked out to his room, "I am not hungry."

Zainab looked at the way Rehan had left for a long time, before she resumed eating. Soon, the three of them walked towards Rayyan's car.

Rayyan dropped them to their university gate and drove away after seeing them enter the gate.

"I heard she got married to Rayyan Ali Khan." The girls heard a whisper while walking to their class.

"Yeah, I heard too. Such a gold digger. Probably, befriended Zainab for money and now got married to her cousin." Another girl said.

Zainab was about to say something, but Ayesha held her hand and shook her head.

Without paying heeds to any of the whispers, they moved to the class.

"Why did you not let me speak?" Zainab asked.

"We are nearing the end of semester, Zainab. We can't afford any problem that might affect our studies. And, who cares about others? You know the truth; I know the truth and Allah SWT knows. We should bother about their unnecessary talks. They will forget about this as soon as another thing catches their attention." Ayesha spoke knowing full well, Zainab had a bad temper. "By the way, what's up with your gloomy face?"

Zainab sighed and laid her head on the table. She turned to Ayesha. "Do you think he has feelings for me?"

"Well, considering the way he reacted in breakfast, maybe he does." Ayesha said. "Why?"

"I don't think Tayi Ammi will ever accept me." Zainab said sadly.

Ayesha looked at her as if she had grown a pair of horns. "You do realize she loves you the most, right?"

"Just as daughter, Ayesha." She spoke and shook her head before saying, "Anyway leave it. If he is meant to be mine, the Allah SWT will give him to me."

"Yeah, In Sha Allah." Ayesha said.

"So, how is marriage treating you?" Zainab asked.

"Okay?" Ayesha said.

"Is that a question or an answer?" Zainab said.

"I don't know, Zai. We are slowly adjusting, I guess." Ayesha shrugged.

Zainab nodded her head, understanding how everything was new for them. Shortly after, their professor came and took away their attention.

🌿🌿🌿

Ayesha was preparing herself for her interview when Rayyan entered the room. Ayesha glanced at him who looked tired. She poured the water on a glass from the jug kept on table and gave it to him. Rayyan gave her a thankful smile and finished the water in a go.

He sat on the couch and rubbed his forehead after changing his dress. Ayesha also took a place near him and looked at him. She wanted to help him, but she did not know how to. So, she sat there fiddling her fingers and glancing at him time and again.

Rayyan looked at his little wife who was fiddling. "Can I lie on your lap?"

Ayesha jerked her face towards him and looked at him for a while. Rayyan bit his tongue and scolded himself on his mind; you should not have asked that question, Rayyan. You are an idiot.

Before he could open his mouth to say anything further, Ayesha nodded. She kept her hands on his forehead as soon as he put his head on her lap.

"You should not overwork yourself." She muttered in a small voice.

"I have to finish the project in a month. The project is very important. That's why the work is stressful." Rayyan said.

"Not more important than your health, though." She spoke.

"Okay, I will not overwork myself from now onwards. Enough about me. Tell me, how was your day?" He asked her.

"Just the usual. We submitted our projects and also, I have internship interview next week." She replied with a shrug.

Rayyan hummed at her reply. They stayed in a comfortable silence for a while before Ayesha broke it. "Let's go for dinner."

Rayyan nodded and both of them went down. The kitchen and dining hall were empty as others had already done their dinner and left for their respective rooms.

Ayesha took out the food and kept it on microwave while Rayyan placed the plates in table.

After having their food, they washed the dishes together and went to their room. 

How was the chapter guys?? Please don't forget to click the star button and also share what you thought about the chapter. Please, show your involvement. It will encourage me.