❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏❞

The next day, Ayesha and Rayyan were getting ready for hospital. Except the elders and Zainab, who were present when Ayesha had fainted, nobody in the house knew about the news.

"Ayesha..." Rayyan screamed looking at the watch. His wife was saying five minutes from past fifteen minutes.

"I am here. I am here." saying that Ayesha walked out of the closet. The two of them went downstairs hand in hand.

Rayyan took out the car and rode to the hospital. They went to the gynecologist's cabin.

The doctor asked Ayesha to lay down on the bed and she did her physical tests. She checked Ayesha's tummy to measure the fetus growth.

"Congratulations, you are nine weeks pregnant." The doctor said. "While we wait for the lab results, let's talk about do's and don'ts'."

The couple took the seat in front of the doctor.

"Have you felt any of the symptoms? Like nausea, dizziness, anything?" The doctor asked Ayesha.

"No. Nothing. I just fainted yesterday. This was it. Also, I had a craving. Is it too early for such pregnancy cravings?" Ayesha said.

"There is nothing like early or late in cravings. It's normal. Usually, the cravings start in five to nine weeks." The doctor replied.

"Do your family have any medical history like diabetes or hypertension?" The doctor asked.

Rayyan shook his head while Ayesha looked at the doctor saying, "My grandmother had high blood pressure. Does that make any difference?"

"Other than your grandmother did anyone also had?"

"No." Ayesha shook her head negatively.

The doctor nodded. "It might or might not bring any complications. Still, be careful on following the diet."

Just then a nurse came inside the cabin and handed her lab report. The doctor looked at the report. She turned towards the couple and smiled. "Everything looks good. Both the baby and mother are fine. Please, take good care of your diet." The doctor prescribed iron tablets for her.

Before the couple could leave, the doctor said, "Please visit for ultrasound when you reach your 20th week. Also, if something happens, you should visit as soon as possible."

They nodded and left the cabin. While walking they saw Humera having a conversation with a young doctor who looked very similar to her age.

"That's Shahzain." Rayyan said with surprise. "And they are not fighting but having a decent conversation."

Before Ayesha could say anything, Humera noticed them and came towards them with Shahzain beside her.

"As salaam alaykum, Rayyan Bhai." Shahzain greeted the older man.

"Walaikum as salaam, Shahzain. How are you?" Rayyan asked him.

"Alhamdullilah, all good, Bhai. But you are here, Is everything okay?" Shahzain asked.

"Yeah. We were just here for a usual checkup." Rayyan said.

Humera narrowed her eyes at her cousin's words. She knew he was not telling the truth. She turned to Ayesha and observed her. Ayesha gave her a small smile. Humera glanced at the way from where they were coming, and realization hit her. Rayyan had been acting weird while having dinner last night and was paying more attention to Ayesha's food and, now in hospital. She engulfed Ayesha in a hug when Rayyan and Shahzain were catching up with things.

"Congratulations, mother-to-be." Humera whispered in Ayesha's ear which did not shock Ayesha as she knew the girl was smart enough to figure things out.

"Thank you and also, in my opinion, you two look perfect." Ayesha muttered back in Humera's ear. Humera pulled out of the hug and looked at Ayesha in shock. Blush appeared in Humera's face making Ayesha chuckle.

"We should take a leave now. It was good meeting you, Shahzain." Ayesha said.

"Likewise, Bhabhi." Shahzain replied.

Ayesha gave a mischievous smile to Humera before leaving with her husband.

"What were you two whispering?" Rayyan said when they took their place in car.

"Girls' secret." Ayesha replied. Rayyan rolled his eyes and let the matter go.

🌿🌿🌿

Later that night, the Khans were in the dining hall. They had just finished their foods when Rayyan spoke. "I have something to share."

Rayyan took his wife's hand in his. "I know most of you know about it and for those who don't know. We are pregnant."

The youngsters were shocked hearing this. Rehan was first to come out of the shock. "How can you be pregnant, Bhai?"

His question earned him a smack on head from Zainab. "He means to say that they are going to be parents."

Rayyan nodded while Zakir narrowed his eyes at Zainab. "Wait, you didn't react like us?"

Zainab flipped her hairs. "I knew, already."

"Even Humera appi also did not react." Zara said pointing at the girl.

Humera smirked. "I also knew."

Hamid and Rehan gasped and the latter said, "How can you be so mean, bhai? You told these two before me?"

Rayyan rolled his eyes at them whereas Adnan replied to his son, "Zainab was here when Ayesha fainted."

"And Humera appi?" Zakir asked.

"Humera appi is a doctor, Zakir. So, of course she knows." Zara replied.

"Is that what the two of you were whispering in hospital?" Rayyan asked.

Humera and Ayesha shared a glance before nodding their heads.

"Anyway, I am so happy. I will finally get to play with the babies." Rehan said as the youngsters congratulated the couple.

"Did you talk to your parents, Ayesha?" Kainat asked her.

Rayyan and Ayesha shared a glance with each other before she replied, "Well, about that, Chachijaan, we will go there tomorrow."

"Oh, okay." Kainat nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"Did you tell Hashim bhai?" Hamid asked.

"Yes. I told them after coming from hospital." Rayyan replied.

After that they all retired to their respective rooms. 

How was the chapter, guys? Did you all like it? I am thinking of wrapping up the story soon. A few chapters and then the story will be finished.