Chapter Seventeen: Shower Shenanigans

It was a beautiful morning when sunrays entered Nandini's room who was in her peaceful slumber, she opened her eyes to see Madhyam sitting beside her smiling and caressing her hair and she screamed in horror. "What happened Nandu?" He kept on patting her cheek and asking when soon she realised it was a nightmare and her parents were sitting beside her worried. 

"Nandu, are you okay?" Her father asked her lovingly wiping sweat beads from her forehead while her mother held her hand. "I don't know, Appa. This nightmare, on the day of me going to lonavla with Manik, does this mean something?" Nandini asked sitting up on the bed rest. 

"No it does not mean anything, don't let the demons of the past spoil your present. You have been hurt by that scoundrel, there is emotional trauma which will come out in some form or the other, maybe the form right now is a nightmare." Nandini's mom said in a convincing manner. 

"Emotional trauma needs time to resolve, it cannot happen in a few days, I don't think it is a good idea for Nandini to go with Manik to Lonavla, we wont be there, who will handle her? " Nandini's dad had almost made up his mind to call the Malhotras to inform but thats when Navya entered. "I will take care of her Uncle, you do not need to worry." 

"Beta, You are not understanding the quantum of care, Nandini needs right now with her emotional condition. " Nandini's father said. 

"I know, I cannot replace the care of you both nor i am a professional but I have been with Nandini since childhood, please trust me uncle, i will take care of her in the best way possible and will not leave her alone. Besides, this is also a way for Nandini to experience a new environment for her to relax, it'll be good for her, Uncle. " Navya said with an assuring nod while Nandini's mom put hand on her father's shoulder. 

"If she is insisting so much, let them go na, Nandu you wanna go right?" Nandini's mom asked and Nandini nodded in affirmative with a weak smile which did not went unnoticed by Navya. 

"Okay, if you all want the same, go get ready, it is already 8:30, they will be here to pick you girls up by 10." Nandini's father said half-heartedly and went outside followed by her mom. "Do you not trust me?" Navya asked sitting beside Nandini. "Are you mad? Of course, I trust you, what i do not trust is my fate, what if this nightmare was a sign that i should not go? What if i am spoiling life of Manik with my baggage? What if..." 

"Sshhhhhhh..you mad girl. Will you ever stop your overthinking and stop making yourself the villain." Nandini was cut off by Navya who looked mad at her. 

"I understand you have emotional baggage which you do not want to unload on Manik, but who is asking to unload all of it, can you not share it with him, at least? Why do you want to become so brave and strong, you can be all of it by sharing it also." Navya said and Nandini just sighed. 

"Girls, if you want to make it on time, you need to get up from bed." Pallavi screamed from the kitchen and Navya pulled Nandini out of the bed and pushed her into the washroom. Nandini brushed and came out to the hall and sat on the dining table, waiting for her coffee. "Nandu, its freaking 9:30, you have not taken a shower also yet and you are sitting for coffee?!" Navya glared at her while Nandini gave a grumpy pout. 

"This madam cannot function one day without her morning coffee." Pallavi said handing Nandini her coffee with Nandini showing a childlike glow seeing her coffee. "So what? Everyone has their habits, there is nothing wrong for the poor child to have her morning coffee, it is not like you guys have to catch some flight, going by car only na." Nandini's father said taking her side, while Navya and Pallavi looked on the bond of father-daughter. 

"Okay okay, finish fast and go to shower." Pallavi stood in front of Nandini asking for the cup back while Nandini seemed annoyed. "Ugh, i am going." Nandini said while getting up from the chair and only after Pallavi and Navya heard the sound of shower, were they at peace. 

"Good Morning Uncle!" Everyone turned to the door after hearing the chirpy voice who was none other than Manik showing 440 voltage smile on his lips. "Good Morning Beta, come in come in." Nandini's dad stood up to welcome Manik who went to touch his feet. "Good morning Aunty and Good Morning to my dear SIL." Manik wished all of them chirpily and then his eyes started to wander off for someone else. "Umm, Nandini has gone to take shower,Manik." Navya said hiding her sheepish smile. "Oh, you came a bit early, beta, it is only 9:40. we were told by your parents for 10." Nandini's father said to Manik who was a bit flushed on what to say to his future in laws. 

"Um...Uncle, actually.." Manik was stammering, not really eager to talk and thats when Cabir came in. "Uncle, what will he say, he is so impatient for Nandini, he literally dragged us all from our sleep, poor Mukti could not even take a bath, she was asked to shower at the resort only." 

Manik glared at Cabir for obvious reasons while Manik gave a sheepish smile, wanting to hide his face in embarrassment while Navya and Pallavi were giggling. "Um, okay okay. Can understand your impatience as we have gone through the same phase. But, all jokes aside, Manik i can understand your excitement but you also have to understand the phase, Nandini is going through." Nandini's father was going to mention about the nightmare but Pallavi signaled him to not reveal it. 

"Kids, come in now, have breakfast with us till Nandu gets ready, Navya please bring everyone from the car." Pallavi nudged Navya and went in to the kitchen while Manik noticed Nandini's dad searching for something. "Uncle, is something missing?" Manik asked with genuine concern and Nandini's father sighed. "Not able to find my reading glasses, please help me in finding them, oh wait, it must be in Nandu's room." The moment Nandini's dad mentioned it, Manik gestured to him that he will get it. 

Manik entered Nandini's room and the flashbacks of their conversation there, came into his mind which played a smile on his lips. He found the reading glasses and saw Nandini's childhood picture frame on the bedside table. He held it and smiled. "Will bring this smile back at any cost and will never ever do anything to lose it." Manik was in his thoughts when he heard the shower stop and started hurrying up to get out of the room before Nandini can see him there. "Ammaaaaaa...........Navyaaaaaaa.... is anyone there? I forgot my towel outside. Please give it to me." Before Manik could leave the room, he heard Nandini's voice and smiled playfully.