Chapter Fourteen: Stars & Fireflies

*Your writer loves inline comments*

NANDINI

I don't know what was happening to me, to us. We were suddenly acting like a couple, seriously like a couple who was going to get married. And surprisingly it all felt real nice which I didn't expected at all. "Nandini beta, yeh wali saree dekho, did you like it?" Nyonika Aunty spoke and I came back from my Lala land. "Ji Aunty." I said and started looking through the sarees. The salesman asked me to try a few and see which one I liked.

I went into the trial room, was wearing my blouse when I realized I was not able to tie the dori, I needed someone to do it for me. I peeped in from the room to find Manik already waiting for me. "What happened?" He asked with concern, and I was feeling shy to tell him about it. "Woh actually, my dori, I am not able to tie it. I need someone." I spoke and pursed my lips. "Mom has gone to washroom and Mukti & Alya have gone to visit another shop for their shopping." He spoke nervously as we both knew what the conclusion would be. "Erm, if you don't mind, can I help? I swear I won't even look, my eyes will be closed." He said so cutely that I couldn't even think of refusing him, yes I was uncomfortable but, it was the need of the situation.

I just nodded, and opened the door to the trial room. He came inside with his eyes closed, and bumped into the door, ouch. "Buddhu ho tum!" I exclaimed as I pressed my hand in his forehead where he was hurt, while he still kept his eyes closed. "Ab aankhein toh kholo." I spoke and he shook his head in a no. This guy was impossible.

"Nah, Nandini, it's fine. I am alright. I can't open my eyes because then I would see you in a way where you would be uncomfortable. I can sense you're uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to increase this feeling for you. You have already gone through a lot, and you're still trying to become the old you. It takes guts,Nandini and I am proud that I am going to have a brave wife like you." Oh dear lord, what type of game did you play on me? The guy whom I loved, didn't care even an inch about me and this guy, whom I barely knew, came as a blessing in my life. He is everything I ever wanted but unfortunately he came a little late but better late than never. I won't ruin my life again thinking about that idiot. I'll think about this buddhu now.

"Manik, you leave me speechless everytime. You're like a blessing in my life which was full of darkness. You came like fireflies into my life to make it glow. I can't thank you enough, Manik." I spoke with utmost sincerity in my words and he was touched.

"You know, Nandini. When I was a child, I was afraid of darkness, like very much, the only thing that could make me happy were stars. And if you really want to thank me, then stay in my life as a star and shine for me. And I promise that I'll stay in your life as fireflies and will continue to make your life glow, in every dark phase of yours." He spoke and I held his hand to express my support to him.

"Arre Kaun hai andar, itni der se. We also want to use the trial room." Fuck, we forgot that we were in a trial room. And we were not even done yet. How will we get get out, what will people think when we get out together. Shit! "Manik, ab kya karein." I spoke nervously and started tapping my foot on the ground.

"Arre, tum apni saree try karo na. Bahar boldo, time lagega. Itna bhi nahi samajhti, aur mujhe buddhu keh rahi thi!" He spoke with grin on his face and I was shooting daggers but unfortunately they couldn't reach him as his eyes were closed.

"Tum buddhu hi ho. Hume bahar toh jaana padega Na. What will the people think if we go out together!" I yelled but realized anyone could hear us and lowered my voice. "Kuch toh log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna, chodho bekaar ki baaton ko, tum saree try karo na."

Kis mitti ka bana tha Yeh ladka? I chuckled on his song cum dialogue and turned my back. I was nervous, he was gonna touch my bare back, what would it feel? I didn't even let Madhyam touch me like this, oh my god. After taking a deep breath , I placed his hands on the dori, and indirectly on my bare back. His hands were shivering due to nervousness and I could feel it. His cold hands tingled a sensation on my skin and I was feeling myriads of emotions with that one touch, it was like someone had set me on fire within.

As he was tying the dori, he was pulling me towards him and he pulled me so close that my back was against his masculine chest, I could even hear his heart beat. His heart was fluttering like it would come out any moment. I had thought this to be something which would be really awkward and uncomfortable but, I don't know if it's right or not, but I felt like it was right and I kind of liked it.

"It's done." He whispered huskily and I turned towards him. There was passion in my eyes and there was fire in his soul, I could sense it from his face and lips, I was still breathing really fast and we could both hear each other's heart beating across the room. I don't know what came into me, that I cupped his face and pulled him closer. We forgot our surroundings, that I was just in blouse and lehenga while his eyes were closed. I made him lean towards me as I advanced for a kiss and we were just about to kiss when.... "Excuse me, who is inside, it's the manager of the store. Many people have complained, may I know what's going on?" Uff, we're dead. This was a situation which I didn't wanted to face.

**********
As I said, I'll update in the morning, here it is. Now guys, please shower me with some love ♥️♥️

I am waiting for your feedback!

Did you all like the chapter?

How about the kiss miss? 🙈

What do you think about Nandini's changing emotions?

What will be Manik's reaction on Nandini advancing for a kiss?

I want to know, guyssss!

Love,
TheSweetGirlYouKnow