Chapter Ten : Break-Up?

I snapped my fingers before him, I heard what he had said, I didn't wanted this moment to end, but it had to. "You won't eat ice cream?" I asked him and he nodded and was searching for spoon and I don't know what happened to me that I forwarded my hand to him which was full of strawberry ice cream. He looked at my hand intently and then gazed at me as he came close to my hand to eat ice cream.

"I have never had such delicious ice cream before. This is world's best ice cream." He said and I smiled. We both finished the cup by having it. He started looking at my childhood photos which had me, Amma & Appa. And in one, there was a photo of my brother, Rishab. "Who is this, Nandini?" He asked and I looked down." Manik, he is my brother." I said and he looked confused. I had to tell him everything. "Manik, he is my elder brother. He is working for a company in USA. 2 years ago, he married a girl of his choice without consent of Amma & Appa. And from then, my father broke all ties with him. There is only this photo which I have now. Appa will see it, then he'll be furious.I and Amma still miss him, I am sure Appa does too, but he just doesn't expresses it the way we do."I couldn't control myself, I missed Rishab bhaiya like hell, he was there for me everytime I needed him.

Manik kept his hand on my shoulder and I rested my face on his hand, slowly tears started welling in my eyes and made way to my cheeks, Manik felt them instantly and made me sit on my bed and kneeled down in front of me, holding my hands. " Nandini, please don't cry.I am sure you miss him and trust me things will be fine very soon." He said with utmost sincerity and patience but I wasn't ready to believe him. "Manik, nothing will be fine, sometimes it's not easy to just let go of a person who was once a priority in your life. There are times when you miss him and want him by your side without bothering about the consequences. Same is the case with Madhyam, okay? I can't just erase him from my life like nothing happened. It hurts, really badly and you won't even understand that feeling, okay!"

I don't know what came into me that I suddenly turned so aggressive towards Manik and I knew my words would have ripped his heart knowing that I still miss Madhyam. "Yes Nandini, I won't ever understand this feeling and you know what you can't understand the feeling when someone is trying really hard to care but the other person is just putting their efforts down the drain. I know you're hurt, and it's not easy to just forget and move on. But am I a fool who is trying to support you in your situation and what am I getting to hear is that I don't understand your feeling. Bravo!" Woah, this was something unexpected from Manik's side, I had gone too far, now. I had tested his patience and the consequences were right in front of me.

"Manik, I didn't meant that way, it was just...." I was saying but Manik cut me off in between. "It was just what, Nandini. Is it necessary to make Madhyam a part of every conversation we have? He is your baggage that you shouldn't carry but you want to carry him in your entire life, and just want to feel disheartened that he left you, I just don't get you girls, like why the hell do you care for someone who doesn't give a damn about you, did he even thought for a second how would you feel when he would cheat on you? No, because if he had thought then he would have never done this in the first place, he was not at all loyal to you and he didn't cared for you, he was not at all scared to lose a gem like you. He doesn't value you, still you're stuck with him and wasting your time thinking about him. You know what? Go back to him, jao uske paas wapas, apni self respect bech kar, do whatever you want, I just can't handle it anymore."

Phewwww, what was that? I was too numb to react, I hadn't seen this side of Manik and it was really shocking to me. What the hell did just happened!  What did he mean by he can't handle anymore? Was he leaving me? I couldn't understand his words, I couldn't understand anything that time. " What do you mean, Manik?" I asked very gently, almost like whispering to him so that the tone of my voice doesn't make the situation worse. I wanted all this to end, I wanted the old Manik bad, the caring one, the gentle one, the one who was calm and most importantly the one who loved me.

" Nandini, I think we shouldn't marry. You're not ready, I guess." Those words were enough to shake my world, did Manik Malhotra just gave up on me? How could he? He was making me feel those beautiful feelings that I hadn't experienced with Madhyam and  now, he is just leaving me midway, no! This can't be true, he can't do this to me.

"Manik, do you know what you're saying? Giving hopes to my family and me, helping us in every possible way and now you're saying you don't want to marry? What the hell do you think you're doing?" My tone got a bit agitated, obviously how will I let a person just dump me after giving promises. And he not only involved me but also my family, which made more frustrated.

"I am not saying, I don't want to marry you, I love you and I'll always do. But I just don't sense your comfort in all that is happening. I know you don't love me but I don't even think you're comfortable with me the way you should be. And I can't marry you against your comfort level, I just can't do this." Manik said and just left, leaving me shocked, did he just break up me? Though we weren't in a relationship but obviously we were getting married, there has to be some accountability from his side, he just can't do this. HE JUST CAN'T!! I wish there was some police station or a forum for these matters too, I would have asked the inspector to give him the most severe punishment ever, I was so furious on him, like so much, I didn't knew how to react, I saw those ice cream cups and it made me more angry, I wasn't upset, I was just mad at Manik for doing this to me.

I saw him leaving in his car from the window, and I wanted to scream all the abuses I knew to him, so loudly that even the space could hear that Manik Malhotra was a jerk! I didn't knew who to blame after this incident, was I aggressive? Was he impulsive in making a decision? Did I tested his patience? Did I forced him to make this decision? Who was at fault? Screw sleep, I was going to think about this the whole damn night. Manik Malhotra, I am not gonna leave you!

***********
Tadaaa, I am back 😂took a really long break, and I seriously don't know what I have written, after such a break I had even forgot the storyline, this chapter was the hardest to draft as I had no idea what should I write next. Anyways, please bear with it till the writer side of me, comes into action ❤️