Chapter Seven:A Date To Remember (2)

~To fall in love is very easy, staying in love is difficult and letting go is the hardest part~

"Hahahaha, Manik, you are asking your fiancé about her hobbies? I mean like literally ?"

I bursted into roars of laughter as Manik asked me the question, it was quite amusing for me but this question gave me an answer to his personality and character, that is he was true to himself and an innocent soul.

"Toh kya Hua? I can't even ask this? I mean we have to stay together, so we need to know the interests of each other, then only na, we will be able to complete each other. Isn't it?"

He made a cute pout as first, and then his tone turned a bit seductive and lovey Dovey which made me a bit uncomfortable and I adjusted myself to the chair which was not left unnoticed by him as a guilty look got plastered on his face , thinking he was the reason of my uncomfortable situation.

"Okay, so my hobbies are singing, sometimes painting and also swimming, And I am interested in dance and literature, You know I love reading novels, specially classics!"

I spoke to lighten the mood and I was successful as a gleeful smile took charge of his face which replaced the dark clouds of guilt and remorse on his face, and at that time, I felt so content, I can't even express, the happiness in his face was making me happier inside.

"Wow! You sing also? I also sing sometimes, as a hobby. And literature, I am an avid reader of classics, yaar! Wow! Hamare khyaal kitne milte hai!"

He spoke enthusiastically and at once an idea Strike in my mind, and I spoke

"That's great, so which books have you read Manik? I mean in classics?"

" Erm, Pride and Prejudice? "

"Only one?"

"Nahi, aur bhi Padhi hai, I can't remember the names, I read them few years ago na, isliye ."

"Okay, so have you read, Sense and Sensibility?"

" Oh yes! I have read it, it's a beautiful story! "

"Tell me the story na, I haven't read it yet, but I am planning on reading it, by the way who's the author?"

"Erm, Nandini, it's a story of a girl...and a boy? "

"Why are you asking me? I haven't read it yet!"

"Actually Nandini, I don't read or like literature, woh toh Maine jhoot bola Tha, tumhe impress karne ke liye kiya Tha, I am sorry na."

And my heart melted on this cute apology from the cutest man sitting in front of me, I don't know what is happening but I am getting attracted to this fellow in the first meet itself, though not romantically but in a friendly way.

"I knew it, Manik. I was waiting for you to confess, and there is no need to do anything to impress me, I am already impressed."

I spoke and I could see his eyes gleam, as a childlike glow came on his face and looked all excited.

"Really? You are impressed with me? "

I nodded to assure him and he looked much more happier, the waiter came to ask permission to serve food when he agreed and I excused myself to move to washroom.

I was going towards washroom smiling, thinking about Manik when I crashed with a manly figure who was not unknown to me. He was Madhyam. I didn't knew what to react and how to reach and the best thing to to do at that situation I thought was to escape and avoid, I quickly ignored him and made my way to the female washroom, walking fast , almost running. Sweat beads were visible on my face and that smile on my face disappeared and was replaced by fear. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and wiped my face with my hanker chief, trying to look normal and most importantly to behave normally, but it wasn't, it was the hardest part. And I learnt something from this, that I can't remove this chapter from my life, how much I try, how many Manik's I meet, because Manik is just my fiancé and a friend, also my soon to be husband, but Madhyam was my love, the person with whom I longed to be, I know it is impossible, and I don't want to be with him, but main kya karoon? This stupid heart doesn't listen to me, he always craves to be loved by Madhyam. But what about Manik? He likes me so much, he loves me so much! I can't betray him and his trust. I will get married to him in a week, but I am sorry Manik,I can't give you my love which you expect and desire from me.

After 5 minutes, I pushed open the door of the washroom to find my weakness standing in front of me, waiting for me. It was Madhyam.
I tried to walk past him but he blocked my way, and I just stood there in front of him, looking down, cursing my fate and destiny to bring me here.

"Nandini! Why are you avoiding me,huh? We didn't even had a proper conversation after that day! "

"What's there to converse Madhyam? I got the answer of every question from the condition in which I saw you and her together, naked lying in that bed.There is nothing to talk, and it is better if you leave my way and my life."

I felt my cheeks wet, I was crying, god damn it! Why! These tears for him who doesn't even deserves my foot, who doesn't even cares now, why, Nandini! I tried my best to hide my tears but I was unsuccessful, as he had noticed them, and he came towards me to wipe them but I restrained him to do so, and he backed off.

"Hey, listen! I know Nandini you love me, I am sorry for what I did,I love you Nandini, not as a life partner but as your childhood friend. I don't want to lose a gem like you because of my stupid mistake, please, don't cry!"

And I could no longer hold it inside, I bursted into tears, and I had no idea when Madhyam engulfed me in a hug , and started stroking my hairs in order to make me feel better, and he kept whispering "It's okay!" In intervals. I had no idea when someone called me, in a stern but a hurt voice , it was Manik.

****************
Sorryyyyy for not updating! I mean it guys! Please forgive me? Acha, okay I have a surprise for you guys, I have written a new OS- Agar Tum Saath Ho, check it out and I am sure you people will like it, and also one more reminder, I have given two interviews, one in on  "Writer Speaks" by @WriterAshwini and the other is on "The Writer's Touch" by @Lovepersonified106 do them a read if you want to know about me, and have some queries :)

Keep supporting me and my stories

Bye and take care ( Not for Forever & always readers ;)