Heartbreak

The wind blows through my hair, which I have left down for the first time in years. Kurome, Bols, and Wave ride in front of me. We head closer, and enter into a valley surrounded by cliffs with dark green forests on top. "Oi!" I call out. Wave slows and backs up beside me.

"Would it be alright if I split for a bit, like, on the cliffs? Scout around and see if this really is a trap?" Wave looks forwards at Kurome who nods. Wave nods as well. "Any trouble, regroup immediately." I nod in agreement.

I smile and split off. I ride up to the top. I look around. I sense no one and slow down. I stop my horse and slide off.

I hitch my horse to a large dark tree, and start to walk cautiously around. I sit at the edge of the cliff and watch as the others ride forwards. "I'll catch up later," I say with a smile. "I know the meeting point." I close my eyes and enjoy the air.

My eyes shoot open as a sudden commotion startles me. I jump up as I see Kurome's giant Danger Beastly puppet appear. Crap! They were ambushed! Something catches my eye and I look down.

Wave flies by from a powerful impact. I summon Yumiya and scout around. With every sound I tense up more. After a few minutes with nothing happening, other than the others and their fight, I lower my guard. I'm able to sigh before I sense someone close by.

I turn and aim Yumiya at the boy behind me who in turn aims his weapon, a double bladed axe, at me. Time slows and my eyes widen. Our eyes meet and don't look away for what seems like forever. I lower Yumiya, and the arrow I had prepared, disappears. My legs lose their strength and I fall to my knees.

My eyes blur with tears as Yumiya disappears. "Hiro...?" I whisper to myself. "I...thought you were dead..." Hiro says nothing and I look up at him. "Is that...really you?" He asks.

I wipe away tears and nod, smiling. "Yeah, it-it is! And it's really you..." I feel so relieved. As he stands in front of me, I notice his hair has grown longer. The front right strand is braided.

Hiro clenches his fists and he stares at the ground. I notice a tear land on the ground. "Hiro-"

"What're you with the Jaegers?!" Hiro bursts out, startling me. I've never seen him snap like this. "I-I-I...I thought you were dead. I joined hen to avenge your death. But-but your alive. I...I don't want anyone to die." I think for a moment.

"Why're you with Night Raid?"

"They asked me to join." I look down. "If we're enemies...will you kill me?"

"I don't know. Will you?"

"No." A moment of threatening silence passes between us. "Would you be willing to join us?" Hiro asks. I think it over. I would get to be with Hiro again, but...the I would be with the bad guys.

"No..." Hiro laughs slightly. "Then I guess I have no choice..." Hiro lunges forwards. Instinctively, I flip backwards, out of the way.

I land and sway slightly. My hand reaches for my necklace, the one Hiro gave me a while ago. A second passes and I rip it off. I drop the necklace as Hiro attacks again. I jump up, avoiding his swing.

I land on Hiro, pushing him down into the ground. Using him as leverage, I flip and run away. Tears run down my cheeks as I regret ever having feelings for Hiro.

Hiro P.O.V
I sit up and sigh. I hold Kiku's necklace in my hand. I flip it open and stare at the chibis of us painted inside. They look so happy. If only we could be them. Happy and not knowing the true darkness of this cruel world. A yell catches my attention and I jump up. Kiku...

I AM SOOOOO SORRY! So sorry for not updating. I kept forgetting and I was just lazy but I have gotten myself back here to continue and finish my stories. Please forgive me 0.o I shall continue writing now until I can't write anymore. I'll try my best to keep up with this promise! So like, comment, and most importantly...KEEP READING!
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*