Fitting In

I'm thrown against a wall. I cringe in pain and look in surprise. Wave charges towards me in Grand Chariot. I regain my strength and quickly flip out of the way. An explosion of dust.

I dodge Kurome's katana as the dust begins to settle. I attack with a kick, but Kurome dodges and jumps back. I turn as Wave sends a punch towards me. I bend backwards, just dodging his fist. I grab onto his arm with my legs and flips on to his shoulders.

I smile and spread my arms, "Taadaa!" I giggle as Wave tries to hit me. I jump up, avoiding his arm, and kick him away. I land on my feet lightly and easily dodge Kurome's swipe of her katana. "Stop!" Esdeath yells.

We all pause, and stand straight. Esdeath walks towards Wave, Kurome, and I, clapping. "It's impressive how far you've come in only a short week, Kiku". I breathe deeply and wipe away a drop of sweat. Grand Chariot fades away and Wave also compliments me. Kurome as well.

I blush slightly and thank them. I'm really proud of how far I've come so far. The first day of training, I was pretty much being pummeled by Wave's attacks. Not too impressive. We enter the dining room and sit down.

Bols sets out the food, and we eat. I can't help but notice, something about Bols seems familiar...like I know him from when I was a child. I shake it off as Esdeath clears her throat and speaks. "I will be holding a tournament to determine who shall weild the Imperial Arms, Ecstacy." I perk up, finding this interesting.

I can't wait to see who will come out the strongest. After our meal, Seryu invites me and Kurome to her room. As nice as she seems, there's something strange about her and Coro. Inside, we sit and Seryu braids my hair. We ask each other questions, such as family, where we came from, etc.

"So, Kiku," Seryu begins. "Hmm?"

"Why did you join the Jaegers?" I pause and am forced to recall that depressing moment. I force my tears down. "Night Raid...killed my fiance." My hair stops moving, meaning Seryu has stopped braiding.

I turn to see her surprised face. "You had a fiance?" she asks. I sigh. "I know I'm still young but, we both had already found the only one perfect for us." Kurome, almost as emotionless as always, says she thinks it was cute.

"I've never thought of anyone like that." Seryu says, sitting back and thinking. I begin getting anxious and quickly change the subject. "So what about the tournament to-"

"What's with your eye?" Seryu interupts. I jump and shut right up. I laugh nervously, "I should be going..." I leave without any further ado.

So what'dya guys think? Was it good? I feel like I'm getting lazy with my stories... Anyways hope you guyz enjoyed. More will be coming soon, as well as some more stories, so keep reading :P Merry (almost) Christmas!