6

"What is this filthy bug doing in my Palace?" A thunderous voice caused the princess to flinch.

  "Filthy bug? What a good way to call your daughter." Anastacius said sarcastically.

  Athanasia froze as she looked down. After a second, she immediately snapped and turned around to see the man who spoke. She took a step back as the man walked closer to her.

  His cold-murderous gaze scared her causing for her to drop her riches. They looked at her spilled riches as it kept rolling down.

  "Oh no..." Jennette mumbled as she covered her mouth with her two hands.

  The man began to speak, "That face, I've seen it before."

  Athanasia's face paled, she studied the man's clothes, his blonde hair, and especially his glowing jeweled blue eyes.

  'The same jeweled eyes as me... He must be...'

   '...Claude de Alger Obelia.'

  The princess was visibly shaken, her eyes widening in horror. 'Why...?'

  Jennette gulped, 'I can feel what the princess felt that time...'

  The Emperor's gaze remained at Athanasia as he spoke. "...Yes," he seemed to remember something as brief shot of the princess' mother was shown. "Was it that dancer from Siodonna?"

  "You look like that wench."

  Lily clenched her fist, it's been a while that she heard the Emperor calling his lover--Diana like that. The woman she looked up to.

  'What's this guy doing here?!'

  Lucas chuckled.

  "I'm only 5 years old, not 9!"

  'Oh, since the princess met the Emperor earlier, that's probably reason why a lot of things didn't happened (and probably won't happen) in the novel the screen showed in our timeline.' The Duke thought as he continued to watch.

  'And this isn't the Emperor's garden either!'

  "Then again, it doesn't matter who she came from." Claude said as he extended out his hand to lift up the princess' chin

  'What is he gonna do to the princess?' Jennette covered her eyes.

  "Your Majesty." The red-haired knight said, trying to get the Emperor's attention.

  Claude showed a cold-smile as he lifted Athanasia's chin. "And I think I remember... what that wench named you."

  Lily's face trembled.

  "I believe it was Athanasia."

  Athanasia's jeweled eyes widened in horror. As the Emperor's face nearing the princess', her vision darkened.

  Claude stared at the screen. 'Is that how I looked like? No wonder she looked so pale.'

  The princess' heartbeat fasten as the screen plunged into darkness. Her fists trembled as her heartbeat kept going faster shocking the red-haired knight.

  "Princess..." I wish I was there the moment this happened. Lily felt guilty and irresponsible.

  "Back then, you were a tiny bug that couldn't even lift its head." A flashback of the concubines and maids on their knees as the newborn princess was crying.

  'Oh? Are we getting a flashback?' Lucas thought in interest.

  'In the Obelian Empire, a name related to immortality is only permitted to an official heir to the throne. And it can only be granted by the Emperor himself.' The princess explains.

  'The day of the Ruby Palace massacre, Claude was planning to kill Athanasia.'

  Shocked plastered on their faces-- except for Claude. "Eh? Couldn't get enough of killing his own brother?"

  'But the hair's name that Diana gave her daughter was,'

  "Amusing." Claude muttered. His jeweled blue eyes were glowing brightly and someone's blood spattered on his face. "I wonder how long this thing can live in accordance to its name." The Emperor challenged as he left the Ruby Palace, together with his knights.

  Jennette almost puke at the sight of people's blood.

  "You've grown a lot." The screen changed to the kneeling Claude in front of the princess to match her height.

  Athanasia was still trembling in fear, 'Grown a lot? Does that mean that he'll kill me since I'm old enough?' she stepped backwards.

  "I couldn't get help but to feel bad for the princess..." Felix sighed.

  'What's with this guy? He was written to ignore Athanasia! What's with the attention...?' Athanasia thought.

  Suddenly, her other riches dropped creating a loud thud. This caused the three of them to look down as the riches continued to roll.

  Lucas face-palmed. "Really...?"

  'S-shoot! My number 7 and no. 8 bags of riches...!' Athanasia exclaimed.

  "Number 8? The princess already hid a lot." Ijekiel was impressed.

  Claude glanced at the riches rolling near him, he then looked at the princess who was sweating profusely.

  He stood up and stomped on the Ruby, causing for it to break. He then extended his arms to lift the princess.

  Some of this shocked them.

  Athanasia's shocked face could be seen in Claude's eye.

  He stared at the princess, as he spoke bluntly "Your heavy."

  This confused them while Lucas visibly laught.

  "You have really chubby cheeks, but I didn't expect you to be this heavy." Claude bluntly added. The princess was so shocked, even the red-haired knight.

  'You're a cold hearted bastard!'

  Lucas couldn't contain his laughter at the Emperor's comment.

  "Now, what are you doing in my Palace?" Claude asked.

  The princess froze, it took a second for her to realize what the Emperor said.

  'MY PALACE?!'

To Be Continued.