7

Leaves danced through the wind, as the Princess continued her thoughts. 'My Place he says? Then could that mean… This palace that's more humble than Ruby Palace…'

  '...Is the one the Emperor uses?'

  Claude rested his chin on his palm and hummed in agreement.

  The princess shivered in  realisation. 'Nine-year-old Athanasia entered the Emperor's Palace because it was this close!'

  The Emperor who's still carrying the princess, flinched when she noticed that the Emperor glanced at the golden statue that she bit earlier. 

  "Man… I wish I was there to watch this scene." Lucas said shaking his head, well he's watching the scene now so what's the difference?

  The Emperor looked back at Athanasia who was sweating. "Maybe she thought it was a toy." The red-haired knight said.

  The princess shouted in her mind. 'Are you going to kill me? Am I dead for trespassing?' 

  Tears on her eyes, 'Am I gonna die because I left bite marks on your statue??!'

  'If I wanted to kill you, I could've done it the sooner I caught you biting my statue.' Claude thought.

  "Another ridiculous reason to die." Lucas shakes his head.

  "She must have wandered off during play time." The Emperor unexpectedly tossed the princess to the red-haired knight, shocking the both of them. "Felix. Carry her." Athanasia ang Felix stared at each other in confusion.

  "How… How could the Emperor tossed away the princess? He could've handed her gently to the Knight…" Jennette worriedly said.

  The Emperor continued. "I should have some tea with my guest." He then walked away from his Knight and the princess 

  "Hmm… I wonder how the tea will go?" Anastacius said.

  "I think it would be awkward especially for the princess, considering the situation." Ijekiel replied in a low tone.

  The sun was shining brightly, the table full of sweet desserts, and the sweet aroma of the tea. 

  Jennette stared in awe. 'I wish I could have tea together with the Emperor and the princess…'

  'What is going on here?' Athanasia thought to herself.

  She glanced up to see the Emperor who was sitting in front of her. His jeweled blue eyes staring directly at her causing the princess to look away, avoiding the Emperor's eyes.

  The Emperor broke the silence as he spoke up. "I didn't know you couldn't speak." The princess squeaked. 

  Anastacius almost felt bad for his niece. "What's up with the tension?"

  Claude closed his eyes, leaning back, chin rested on his palm. "Well, this is boring." This caused the red-haired knight to sweatdropped.

  The princess looked down. "...Does that mean,'

  'That I'll kill you because you're not entertaining?'

  Claude sweatdropped at the thought of his daughter. Why would she think that he would kill her because she's not talking? Oh, he did try to kill her when was an infant. 

  "Not much of a talker?" Finally, the princess responded. "Athy can talk." She forced a small smile on her face.

  "Finally, I get to hear your voice. Why did you stay silent until now?"