NINE

Stomp stomp stomp

Footsteps echoed in the hallway as Todoroki made his way to Izuku's apartment. A bag of fresh fruits in one hand ,the other searching for the key in his pant pockets.

He stopped in front of the apartment, put the bag down, and took out the keys. He unlocked the door and gently opened it.

Izuku was cutting carrots in the kitchen. He heard the door open, followed by the voice ,"I'm home,". He heard Todoroki say.

" Welcome back," he said back. He put the carrots in a pot full of boiling broth.

It's almost as if we're a family, he thought.

Todoroki took off his shoes and put them inside the shoe cabinet in a corner. He made his way to the kitchen . He saw Izuku cooking. He put the bag down on top of a table and hugged Izuku from behind. He placed a light peck on Izuku's cheek and said,

"Hey. I bought some apples."

"Thank you."

"What are you cooking?"he asked.

"Curry rice," Izuku replied.

"Yum yum." Todoroki said. Izuku chuckled.

Just like a baby, Izuku thought.

Todoroki observed Izuku cook,still hugging him. He let out a small sigh.

"Anything wrong?" Izuku asked.

"Can we talk when you're done making dinner?" He asked.

"O-okay." Izuku said.

Todoroki let go of Izuku. He took off his coat and placed it on a chair. He pulled a chair and sat down. He rubbed his temple and let out another sigh, deeper this time.

Izuku hurried to finish his work. He was wondering what's wrong. He finished making the curry as fast as he can and turned off the stove. He sat down in a chair ,facing Todoroki. He asked ,"What's wrong ?"

"Well, there are some"things" you need to know..." he said.

"O.. okay...".

"My old man and I were talking about your pregnancy the other day...and he gave us some conditions."

"Such as...?"

Todoroki took a deep breath and started, "He said that he'll acknowledge our marriage.....however if the newborn is a boy, Alpha or beta aside or has red hair...we have to leave the child with the head family" He said and looked at Izuku.

Izuku was dumbfounded. He still couldn't get what Todoroki just said. He was looking at Todoroki with a confused look on his face.

"We have to what...? " he asked. "T-this is so stupid...what does he mean!" Izuku half yelled.

"Midoriya, calm down."

"How can he say that! We can't tell if the baby will be Alpha or beta..."

"He said that if we leave the baby with the head family, we can live together. Or if I go back, you can keep the baby...." Todoroki said.

"W-what...it can't be! I don't want that! I want both of you...I can't leave the baby... I can't let go of you.. no..N-no..." Izuku yelled. Tears flooded his eyes.

Izuku couldn't believe what Todoroki just said. How can someone be so heartless!

"I'm sorry, Midoriya. This is not the time to talk about such things... but let's keep our hopes up...it's not like it's been decided that they'll have red hair, or they'll be Alpha." Todoroki tried to calm down the crying omega. He pulled him in a hug. Comforting him.

After crying for several minutes, Izuku finally calmed down.
"Midoriya.."Todoroki called his name. He gently caressed his hair.

"Midoriya, this may be a bit rushed... but" Todoroki started again.

Izuku raised his head from the table. He watched Todoroki take his coat off the chair and pull something out from inside of it.

It was a small royal green colored box.

Todoroki opened the box and took out a beautiful diamond ring . He held Izuku's hand in one hand and said while sliding the ring in his finger, "Will you be mine?"