pt.2

A light fog began to set it as Xena and Gabrielle continued on their way through the forest.

GABRIELLE
Why does this forest need to keep getting creepier?

XENA
It's just a little fog Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE
In my head I know that. But I just can't shake the feeling that something bad is gonna happen if we don't get out of here.

Xena smirked.

XENA
(Creepy voice) Maybe it's already too late.

Xena chuckled at her own humor. Though Gabrielle wasn't exactly in the mood for jokes.

GABRIELLE
(Annoyed tone) Sure laugh it up Xena. Let's see how funny it is when we end up becoming victim to what ever's out there.

Xena sighed.

XENA
Look I'm sorry. I know you're scared okay. I was just trying to lighting the mood a little that's all.

GABRIELLE
I know. I didn't mean to snap at you like that. I just really want to get out of here.

Xena put her hand on Gabrielle's shoulder trying to reassure her that everything was okay.

XENA
Come on the sooner we get through this forest, the better you'll feel.

Xena had them stop walking and get on Argo. Figuring it would be alot quicker to ride. The two rode along quietly for a while.

GABRIELLE
Just how big is this place? It feels like we've been riding forever.

XENA
Not sure I've never been here before.

GABRIELLE
Are you sure we're not lost?

XENA
I don't think so. We've been heading in the same direction since we got here. So logic would dictate that if we keep going, we should reach the exit, eventually.

Gabrielle sighed, not extremely fond of that last part Xena added. As they continued, Gabrielle suddenly felt a chill run down her spine. Xena felt her tense up as she tightened her grip around Xena's waist and looked back at her.

XENA
What's wrong?

GABRIELLE
I don't know. But that feeling I've had since we got here just got way worse.

Xena had Argo stop. As she and Gabrielle stayed on their horse, Xena looked around. Again trying to find what Gabrielle was sensing.

GABRIELLE
Why'd we stop?

XENA
Shh.

Xena listened for anything that could've been a danger of some kind. But like before she didn't hear anything.

GABRIELLE
Anything?

XENA
No. I'm not sure what you're picking up on, but I don't...

Xena suddenly stopped talking mid sentence as she felt a chill race down her spine and her instincts that something was wrong kicked in. Xena instantly went on high alert. Gabrielle noticed Xena's reaction.

GABRIELLE
Xena?

XENA
I think I finally picked up on what you've been sensing. And you were right, there's something really wrong with this forest. We should go, now.

Xena got Argo going again but now they were moving much faster. They galloped through the area, covering ground quickly. Gabrielle held on tightly to Xena as they rode.

GABRIELLE
What do you think is going on?

XENA
No clue, but I have no intention of finding out. All I know is that this place is bad news and we're leaving.