pt.5

JOXER
So who was it? Who was after you guys?

Xena, Gabrielle and Joxer still sat around the campfire. Xena looked at Joxer and rolled her eyes at his over excitement.

XENA
If you give me a second I was just about to get to that.

JOXER
Oh right.

Xena sighed as she Whispered to Gabrielle.

XENA
(Whisper) How long has he been traveling with us again?

GABRIELLE
(Whisper) I'm sure he'll get tired of almost getting killed on a daily basis and head back off on his own again soon.

Gabrielle playfully patted Xena's leg as she smiled at her. Xena once again rolled her eyes.

GABRIELLE
(Whisper/ Joking) And you know if you keep doing that your eyes are gonna get stuck that way.

Xena had to mentally fight to keep herself from rolling her eyes at Gabrielle's comment and instead just sighed. Which got a small chuckle from Gabrielle.

JOXER
Well who was it?

XENA
Gabrielle why don't you take this part.

Gabrielle smiled.

GABRIELLE
Fine. Let's see Xena and I were standing in the cave looking at the strange wall paintings.

Gabrielle looked at the wall as she made sure that she was right about who she thought was after them.

XENA
So how do you think you know who's after us?

GABRIELLE
Based off of these pictures and from the stories I've heard I can't think of anything else it could be. Plus when our pursuer said something about them escaping from
Tartarus, this all makes sense now.

XENA
Well who is it then?

Gabrielle turned towards Xena.

GABRIELLE
It's Typhon.

XENA
Typhon?

JOXER
Typhon?

Joxer looked at Gabrielle from across the campfire.

GABRIELLE
That's right.

JOXER
Oh come on Typhon's not real. It's some made up story parents tell their kids to scare them.

XENA
Oh he's real Joxer. Trust me.

JOXER
(Joking/ Condescending tone) Okay sure Xena, whatever you say.

Xena made an irritated grumble, as Gabrielle quickly chimed in for Joxers own well being.

GABRIELLE
As I was saying, I had just discovered that the thing after us was non other than Typhon.

Xena looked at Gabrielle as the two stood in the cave.

XENA
So who exactly is Typhon?

GABRIELLE
Well he's also known as the father of monsters. But the story goes that Typhon was the child of Hara and Chronos and is considered the most powerful and deadliest of all creatures. It's said that his appearance is usually accompanied by a devastating storm. But no one really knows exactly what he looks like so it's hard to describe him accurately.

Xena sighed as she crossed her arms.

XENA
Let me guess anyone who does see him doesn't live long enough to tell the tale.

GABRIELLE
So I've heard. Though there are rumors about his appearance. Some say he has a giant snake with a human-like upper half. While others will tell you that instead of one head he has a hundred dragon heads.