Finale

The towering shadow of Typhon crept up over Xena and Gabrielle as the monster stalked closer. The two backed away, with each step that Typhon took towards them. Xena and Gabrielle looked for any method of escape but found themselves completely boxed in. Xena grimaced as the pain in her injured arm returned. Typhon looked between them as he made an evil smile.

TYPHON
Now which one is going to be first... you.

His gaze finally settled on Gabrielle. As his head still hurt from her nailing him good with her staff. And since he saw her as less of a threat than Xena, Typhon found the fact that she had managed to actually hurt him insulting. And that infuriated him more than anything. Gabrielle backed up quicker, until her back touched the cliff side. Xena stood in front of her, still trying to find a way out.

TYPHON
Looks like I win after all.

There truly seemed to be no way to escape for them until Xena felt something behind her. She sneakily moved her foot back and felt around a little. Xena thought she had found something but she needed to be sure.

XENA
It looks like it's over Gabrielle. There's nothing else we can do here.

Xena slowly slumped down against the cliff side. Gabrielle looked at Xena surprised by her uncharacteristically defeated attitude.

GABRIELLE
Xena?

Xena sat with her back facing the cliff as she lowered her head.

XENA
We can't win this way. He's just too powerful.

Typhon laughed.

TYPHON
It's nice to see you finally admitting defeat.

Meanwhile Xena leaned her head back and looked up while she sighed. Once she had finished her secret investigation Xena smiled at Typhon.

XENA
Who said anything about admitting defeat?

TYPHON
What are you going on about? You just said that it was over.

XENA
Yeah, for you.

Xena grabbed her chakrum and hurled in upwards. Typhon's eyes followed the weapon as it struck some loosened rocks overhead and caused them to fail. The monster quickly covered his head as they came down on him. Meanwhile Xena caught her chakrum as it came back and pulled Gabrielle down to the ground.

XENA
Hurry Gabrielle move.

Xena moved and pulled back some vines revealing a small opening in the side of the cliff. Gabrielle wasted no time crawled through. Xena followed right behind. Once through the small opening Xena and Gabrielle found themselves in a large cave that had a mess of tangled vines running all through it. There was a dim light coming from the other end. Suddenly there was a loud thump on the wall behind them. Then another as bits of rubble began the fall from the cliff side. The pounding continued as more rubble fell and cracks began to form. Xena knew it must've been Typhon trying to smash his way in. And it appeared to be working. It wouldn't take long for the monster to break through.

XENA
Go now.

Xena and Gabrielle begin hastily fighting their way through the sea of vines. Scratching, clawling and crawing as fast as they could towards freedom. They were a good way in when there was a loud crash behind them. Looking back Xena saw that Typhon had finally broken through. She turned her attention forward again and began moving faster.

XENA
Go Gabrielle. Hurry.

Typhon began running after them. The vines giving way and he forced his way through. Xena and Gabrielle heard his thumping footsteps following them as they scrambled for the exit. Moving as fast as they could the opening came closer. Finally they made it out the other side of the vines, stood up and ran towards the exit. Once back outside they were forced to stop when they found themselves standing on the ledge of a cliff. Xena looked back and saw that there was nowhere to go that way. There was also nothing on either side. Xena saw that climbing up  wasn't an option. They would only corner themselves at the top. The only option left was down. Xena looked back seeing Typhon closing in and realized that they wasn't any time left to think.