Chapter Four

"I know a bit about grief. I've had my fair share of it."

After dinner at Gemmas, Willow started showing her face periodically again

After dinner at Gemmas, Willow started showing her face periodically again. She would drop off baked goods once a week at the club house, make sure to attend the Sunday dinners at Gem's, and stopped sending one worded answers when asked how she was doing.

Despite all of that, the pain never lessened, and she still felt like she was just floating by the same as before.

On thing that did change however was the presence of a one Jax Teller in her life.

Since the night she broke down in his arms, he's been around her constantly. Whether it be at Gemmas, the clubhouse, or him stopping by during her lunch break at the library (which it turns out he did know where it was).

At first, Willow thought he was keeping an eye on her, after her break down he probably thought she was a liability, and with Hale still sniffing around about Nathan's death, maybe the club was worried she would turn out of her grief.

But after a full month of eating lunch with him, almost everyday unless he was on a run, she has no idea why he's so persistent about being around her.

"You know I'd never snitch, right?" She questions him as she picks at her salad, watching as a confused crease between his brows occur.

"What?"

Willow huffs, "Well I can't think of any other reason you'd be spending so much time here is not for trying to see where my heads at with the club."

"And where is you head at?" He raises a brow, but his question isn't accusatory, more amused, making a crease form between her own brows.

"The club was Nathan's life, I'd never turn on his family."

"Your family too." He's quick to remind her, like he does every time she says something of such.

"It's not the same." She sends him a pointed look when he goes to protest, "I accepted the club for what it was, Nathan's family. I accepted that he would always be a part of it, but even though I'm— I was— married to him, it was never my family, just an extension of the one I love."

Jax shakes his head with a small chuckle, "You know, I'll never get that."

"Get what?"

"You." He gestures to her with his chin, "Small town sweetheart. The Angel of Charming, being so accepting of a biker outlaws. I bet your parents were furious when you married Nathan."