Chapter Eight (18+)

(18+ chapter. This is your only warning.)

——

"Am I going to have to put a leash on you?"

It happened again.

Willow can't remember the exact moment she went from irritated to irrationally angry, from just rolling her eyes to being on top of the woman outside the CVS as her fist continues to meet her face. But it happened.

She's not entirely sure who pulled her off the woman, who called the cops, or who drove her to the hospital, but she does come back to her senses and stops seeing red when the blonde biker she's become exceedingly close too makes his way around the corner, spotting her sitting on the exam bed, and throws her an exhausted glare as his hands rest on his hips, "What is it with you and bustin' chicks noses?"

Willow doesn't say anything, refusing to make eye contact as she looks down at her busted hand, because truthfully she doesn't know. This time her anger got the best of her she didn't have Jax there to pull her off after one punch, so she kept going. She's pretty sure she heard one of the nurses whisper in the hallway to page the plastic surgeon on call.

All Willow really knows is that the lady deserved it and she would do it again.

And that both those thoughts terrified her.

Willow has never had to live with anger before and now it's like it's constantly in her veins, living under the surface, just waiting to come out, and when it does, it's like she loses all control, she's there but she's not.

She doesn't even recognize herself when it happens. Maybe that's what scares her the most, she's so far away from who she's always been, from who she was when Nathan was alive and she was just sweet little Willow. Maybe she's scared because she knows he wouldn't recognize who she is anymore. She definitely can't,

"Seriously, Wills, what the fuck happened?" Jax steps up next to her bed, forcing her to look at him with his hand under her chin, "Am I going to have to put a leash on you?"

Willow shrugs her shoulders, voice weak and head down like a kicked puppy, "I don't remember."

Jax raises a brow, "You don't remember why you beat some woman to a pulp?" Jax had seen the woman in one of the rooms, getting her face sown up.

"She—" Willow shakes her head, trying to remember, "She said something and I don't know— I saw red."

Jax frowns, looking the girl over, stiffening slightly at her words, "Something about Nathan?"

Willow scoffs, "It's always about Nathan. It's been almost an entire year and people still want to share their opinions of his death."

Jax sighs, running a hand down his face and chin, "Alright, just— sit tight. I'll handle this."