CHAPTER FIFTEEN

•~°~°•...•°~°~•

"I'm sure they will be here soon"

•~°~°•...•°~°~•

HERA yawned as they continue their journey after a night's rest. As they are nearing at fords of Beruna, distant cries of men was heard. they went on guard and slowly went to where the loud noises came from.

they hid behind a pile of cut trees trying to be careful not to be spotted by anyone and Hera's eyes widened in horror.

"These ones!"

"Those ones!"

"What..." Her words trailed.

"Timber!"

"Watch out!"

"Look out!"

"the trees..." Hera felt like the words she wanted to speak choked her throat and couldn't voice them out. She watched how they cut down the trees ruthlessly, sawed it and burn, some was nailing it.

Hera was so focused that she flinched when Peter pulled her down, she looked at him with questions on her eyes when he glanced from behind and slowly peeked before going back down.

Men on horses came.

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all" whispered Susan. when they heard the hooves galloped away, they took a peek once more before walking away.

It was sun down when they found themselves at the cliff of the river Rush. Lucy stood at the very end of the cliff looking across.

"So... Where exactly do you think you saw Aslan?" Asked Peter.

"If you're just going to mock her, just shut your mouth" Hera groaned.

"I'm not mocking her! I just wanted to know. We don't exactly have any more choices but cross this river" Said Peter but Hera just rolled her eyes.

"I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown ups. I don't think I saw him, I did see him" Lucy said Firmly. Hera put her hand on Lucy's shoulder.

"I am a grown-up" Trumpkin muttered while Edmund pursed his lips to stop himself from letting out a snort before speaking.

"well... we could just use the trees. You know, cut them-"

"I swear Edmund, Cut even a tiny bit of branches of any of these trees and I'll cut you myself" Hera glared at Edmund who had a playful smirk plastered on his lips with his hands raised as if he's surrendering.

"Relax, Hera. I was just joking" he said.

"well, it's not funny" Hera snapped back while Lucy sighed deeply before walking back at the edge of the cliff.