CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

•~°~°•...•°~°~•

And they departed.

•~°~°•...•°~°~•

"WILL they be alright?" Lucy asked as she watched the soldier's back departing.

"I pray so" Hera mumbled.

"Are you alright?" Lucy then turned her head to Hera.

"I 'am. I just don't want to regret the decision I made" She said and gripped the hilt of her sword tighter.

"I don't feel good about this, Hera" the younger girl said and sighed.

"Neither do I, but peter is stubborn. He thought his plan will succeed and I think otherwise. He'll be desperate to show it to me that this time..." She said and sighed before smiling towards Lucy.

"...He's in the right and I'm in the wrong." Continued Hera.

"Well, it's just the Eldest pride" Lucy jest and gave out a small chuckle making Hera laughed a little too.

"Come on, Lu. Let's wait for them inside" said Hera and went back into the how. Lucy went back into the room where the broken stone table lies while Hera helped the ones that was left behind.

She never liked waiting. She was always in the front line along with Edmund and Peter, holding her sword proudly.

She felt sour, contemplating if her decision is right indeed. But all she ever wanted was to show Peter that his one sided plan was and will never worked, in the end, she stepped back into the war which she had never done in the past 15 years she stayed in Narnia.

She stepped out from the How the moment the others decided to take a rest, ordered trufflehunter to check up on Lucy. She stood in the middle of the meadow and kneeled.

Her fingertips touched the soil, her hand feeling the grasses, slowly caress her skin by the blows of the wind.

"Oh Aslan... Guide them back home safely. May no harm fallen on the departed soldiers. Bless them with strength to come home unwounded..." she mumbled and a strong wind pass by, hoping it'll deliver it well and clear to Aslan.

SUSAN, Peter and Caspian landed on a tower safely with the use of the griffins. They used ropes to climb down to an open window, it was the professor's office, the library where Caspian spent his days learning about everything with his Professor.

Caspian felt a twinge of nervousness in his heart upon seeing the room, it was as if ransacked by thieves, but instead of thieves, Caspian knew it was his Uncle's soldiers' doings under Miraz's order.

Caspian went around and saw his Professor's spectacle on the table. He raised his head and look at his comrades.

"I have to find him" Caspian said.

"You don't have time. You need to get the gate open" Peter said otherwise.

"You wouldn't be here without him. And neither would I" Caspian persist. Peter inwardly sigh and look at Susan.

"You and I can deal with Miraz" Susan said.

"And I can still get to the gate in time" Said the Prince and left the room and Trumpkin followed suit.

Caspian went directly at the dungeons where his Professor lies chained on the floor. He opened the cell with the keys he stole on a soldier on the way and wakes him up.