«Chapter 8: Runaway»

"You better leave before I make you."

The redhead ran towards the train station, 9:45pm, the big old clock red. The next train to ScotLand was about to leave in 15 minutes. I have to get out of here before someone finds me! He reached a big sign which said 'Ticket Counter' in red, bold letters. "Phew," the redhead wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, "Thank goodness."

The big scoop of ice cream illuminated the night sky, with hues of blues and black splattering all around. Numerous tiny dots dazzled like diamonds, and the cool, winter breeze flew away the crunchy leaves and other junk. It had slightly began to snow, but not as heavily. Everyone was wearing warm clothes to protect themselves from the harsh winters.

Ennard stood in line, and waited for his turn impatiently. He was wearing his usual winter outfit; a green turtle-neck sweater, a fiery brown coat on top, brown pants, black shoes and a light green scarf. Ennard's mind raced, and his heart was drum-beating in his chest. He had to get out. After being accused of something he didn't do, the only thing he could do was run away because everyone was convinced that Ennard actually did that.

It's all that stupid Lefty's fault. I can't believe I'm leaving Elly behind, but what can I do? He grabbed his ticket and made his way towards the train platform. Bright yellow lights shone brightly through the tunnel darkness. The train engine chugged, stopping with a loud screech. Buzzing people walked out of the train, making their way on the platform.

Ennard looked at the train door and sighed with closed eyes. He took a step forward, only to be harshly yanked back by the arm.
"HEY! WHAT THE-?!" The redhead turned back see one person standing there; R.A. She had her arms crossed, and had her eyebrows pinched. However, she was both mad and worried.

"What..? R.A?! What are you doing here?" questioned Ennard, attempting to make this something normal. R.A aggressively gawked into his eyes,
"What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?" Ennard felt himself go cold.
"Uh...I was..going to ScotLand to visit my parents?" He raised a brow and too, stiffened his expression to appear 'tough'.
A gut feeling told R.A that he was lying.
"Going to ScotLand to run away? And.. Leave me all alone? By myself?"

This his Ennard like a bullet. Internally, he was having a battle about whether he should stay or just leave. But one mistake he did was that he didn't think about how R.A would feel even if he DID leave. He (Ennard) felt his stomach drop,
"What? No! I would nev-"
"Then why did you sneak out? Why were you avoiding me all day??" R.A sniffed, with her eyes becoming glassy, but she didn't allow herself to cry. She hated crying.

Out of anger, R.A grabbed Ennard by the collar and yanked him forward,
"You are NOT going ANYWHERE WITHOUT ME, DO YOU HEAR ME?!" The redhead's eyes went agape, and now words came out of his mouth. R.A sniffed again, while holding back hot tears. She released him and snatched the ticket from his hand.
"If I can't come anywhere with you," R.A said between breaks, with a lump forking in her throat, "Be it anywhere," She began ripping the ticket into million of pieces, "THEN YOU CAN'T GO ANYWHERE EITHER!"

R.A threw the bits of paper into the air which then diffused into orange dust and made their way in the night sky. Ennard was silent. He hadn't thought about how R.A felt, and he realised he was being selfish without knowing it. Only caring for himself, but not about the ones who truly care.
"Ennard." The redhead was ashamed, but he still managed to look into R.A's eyes.

"If you did this because of Lefty, just know this. He did this just so that he could get rid of you. He wanted to spread a lie so authentic enough that he threatened you to leave before the others could even reach out. You did nothing wrong, Ennard. Trust me, I fought with Lefty and I came running for you."
"I'm sorry I just-" He fixed his gaze on the train, "I ran away because I didn't want to disappoint you, nor did I want to be a bad influence on Elly."

He felt a hand in his face, and his head turning. Without saying anything, R.A embraced him into a hug. The redhead was lightning-struck, but slowly, he wrapped his hands around R.A and dumped his face in her shoulder. The train horn blares in the back, and even the snow began picking up its pace. Chugging, the train began to move, and the final cabin gave off a force of powerful wind, causing the two humanoids to stumble a bit.

"Woah!" The both of them held into each other and got all giggly. Ennard tried not to accidentally slip out a giggle at how
ear piercing the train was. And after the train disappears out of sight, let's out a giggle, and immediately gets embarrassed.
"AwWwWw is that a giggle I heard?~" R.A teased in a sing-song tone, and pulled his cheek.
"Stop it." He muttered with his snow-white face going red.
"Goochie, Goochie GoOOoOoO~" R.A continued pulling his cheek.

Ennard then stood behind her, and responded with a scoff, soon boring his face in her hair out of pure embarrassment. He wrapped his arms around her, and rocked her side to side roughly, causing R.A to laugh,

"Awwww, is my wittle baby shadddd?~"
"MMMPH, SHUT UP!"