▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 000

return from war.... pre-season one

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THEY SAID IT WOULD LAST SIX MONTHS AT MOST.

yet four fucking years later, families stood - dressed in black for the fallen, at the station waiting to welcome home the remaining soldiers that had been shipped off those many moons ago.

rosalie stood anxiously waiting for them. she was nervous to see her brothers, yet she couldn't understand why. she had been waiting four bloody years for her family to feel whole once again, yet standing there - she wanted nothing more than to feel the comforting burn of alcohol down the back of her throat to numb her nerves.

cries of joy echoed through the crowds as family's ran to their loved ones. rosalie searched through the crowds looking for any sign of her brothers. ada's yells soon joined the crowds as she ran and crashed into arthur.

polly looked over at rosalie, patting her shoulder. "go on, love" the woman encouraged, with a soft smile.

rosalie nodded, attempting to rid her brain of the worries that filled it before running up to john. her hands wrapped around his neck, having to jump slightly to reach him. johns arms quickly clamped around her torso, hugging her tightly. he walked towards polly has he kept grip of rosalie tightly. the girl felt tears brim in her eyes at the longing feeling that was finally filled. he gently placed her down, and looked at her.

"fuck me, i feel old" john laughed, his hands gripping her shoulders. "what happened to my little rosie, ey?" he spoke nostalgically.

"four years, that's what" she smiled softly, "i missed you so much, john" she said, swallowing the lump in the back of her throat.

he shook his head, his hand coming to ruffle her hair. "i missed you more, little one. now go say hi to tom and arthur yeah? they can't know i'm your favourite" he winked.

the girl laughed, quickly replaced by shrieks as arms grabbed her waist picking her up. deep bellows erupted out of the man as he quickly dropped her, before bringing her into a hug.

"now, petal! did ya' miss me!" arthur loudly yelled, hugging the girl tightly.

"more than you know" she laughed, pulling away from the man.

"look at you kiddo! all grown up, i won't be having that, shrink back" he chuckled, patting her head.

turning around, rosalie looked at thomas. he had a cold expression that looked nothing alike to her tommy.

"hey, tommy" rosalie smiled, the man's eyes softened as he walked towards his little sister and brought her into a warm hug.

her arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders, she had missed thomas the most. unlike his expression, his touch was comforting, almost warm. he still smelt of cigarettes and smoke.

rosalie looked up to the man as her father, tommy stepped in when arthur senior had left them and when tommy had been shipped to war it took a toll on her.

"i missed you" she whispered, her voice cracking as she clung to the man.

his arms held the girl close, squeezing her in return. "i missed you too, love" he muttered, his hand coming to rest on the back of her head.

she had her family back, yet they weren't the same men that they were - and rosalie shelby certainly wasn't the same girl.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUTHORS NOTE

rosie my love, i'm so excited for this