▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 001

playing god.... 01x01

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE BAR WAS ROWDY.

rosalie stood behind the bar, she clapped her hands to match the beat of the song drunken men slurred as she spun in a circle. joyous laughs echoed throughout the bar as her golden locks got tasseled. "c'mon rosie! sing us a song!" billy, one of her regulars and close companions called.

john eagerly agreed, clapping his hands firmly together, "yeah c'mon rosie!" he shouted. her freckled hands quickly covered her face, its pale colour soon turning a beetroot red.

cheers of agreement rose throughout the crowd, she soon shook her head. "not tonight, boys!" she smirked, a cloth in her hands as she wiped down a glass.

"boring" billy complained, winking at the girl.

james sat with the shelby family. his eyes narrowed down at the blonde as she watched her drunken costumers dotingly. it wasn't the first time he had noticed rosalie shelby, yet every time after their first meeting he became even more enamoured with the girl.

thomas noticed. he swigged down his whiskey before clearing his throat. "unless you want to keep your eyes, i suggest you take them off my little sister, james" thomas almost hissed, his voice was low and quiet. james' eyes immediately darted around the room as his posture straightened slightly.

"my bad, tom" he spoke gruffly.

thomas nodded, standing up and walking to the bar. "a refill, rosalie" the man nodded.

rosalie shook her head, "anything for you mr shelby, on the house of course" she glared playfully, grabbing the whiskey and pouring a large glass. rosalie held her hand out, which caused thomas to shake his head and throw a few coins into it.

thomas sighed, his mouth opened as if he was to speak but then shut it again.

"yes, tommy?" rosalie huffed, her hand coming to her hip.

"i want you to stop working here, i've offered you a monthly allowance -" thomas started before rosalie soon interrupted.

"i like my job, i like my costumers and i like earning my own money, thomas. i'm not some stuck up, bitch that will sit around doing nothing all day if the opportunity is at hand, and i am not discussing this - it's the fifth time now" rosalie argued, her hands slammed against the bar as she gripped it tightly.

"rose" thomas warned, watching as the girl quickly removed the apron she had wrapped tightly around her waist throwing it at his chest.

"excuse me but my shift is over" the girl spat, making her way out from behind the bar as she shrugged her coat on.

she walked over to arthur and john, she bend down pressing a kiss to each of their heads. "i'll be off" she smiled.

"where ya' going?" arthur slurred.

"either to bed or a pub, you know yourself" rosalie shrugged, tightening her jacket around her as she waved her brothers off. she braced herself before stepping into the cold air of small health. fires blazed from the factory's.