C H A P T E R_15

Win's POV

I'm asking about his previous mate, not because I want him to look back from his painful past, but because of the fact that I wanted to know what he loved about his late mate

I'm asking about his previous mate, not because I want him to look back from his painful past, but because of the fact that I wanted to know what he loved about his late mate. If he ask about mine, I'll give him an answer. Though, I haven't had one. Ever.

    He stayed silent and stares at nowhere, I felt a bit bad. "It's okay if you don't answer"

  "W-what?" He stuttered asking. I stood up and was about to leave but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down. He sighed and said "Okay, if that's what you really want. I'll tell you"

    He sat down and he made me sit between his legs, he held my hand and caressed it with his thumb as he starts talking.

  "Tine is a wonderful person, I met him back when we were in college and I eventually fell for him." He said, then took a pause before talking again. "It was funny to be honest, I met him because he was looking for a fake boyfriend. His reasoning was that so the person who's been stalking him will stop"

   I can't believe these fake boyfriend strategies always works....even in real life

  "Then, when we finally made the stalker to stop stalking him, it was supposed to be goodbye but I never noticed that I already fell for him. It took me months to court him, and he finally said it. After we graduate, we looked for a job and I helped at the bakery, we got married then we've got Chatri" as he tells me all of these, a smile is seen on his face. Clearly showing, how much Tine means to him.

   I would be lying if I said that I'm not getting jealous right now, but, I'm the one who wanted to know more about him. And I know that, it's all in the past and the one whom he loves right now is me and only me. Sorry, Tine, but I'll take care of your husband from now on.

  "Then, the tragedy happened" His face fell in solemn, I placed my palm on his cheek, he looked into my eyes and sadly smiled. "The doctor already warned me about the complications on his birth, that I will be needing to choose between Tine and Chatri. I choose Chatri, because Tine wouldn't let me"

    His eyes slowly watered, I turned my body and hugged him, resting his face on the crook of my neck. He hugged me tightly.

   "I talked to him about it, he insisted that I choose Chatri over him. I reasoned to him that we can always try for a new one, but no, he said that it's not him whom I supposed to be with forever. I couldn't understand him that time, but now...."

    He moved his face away from my neck, held my face with both hands and rested his forehead to mine as he stare at my eyes lovingly.

   "I see what he meant" he said in a soft tone, with tears still falling from his eyes.

  "Cheesy" I replied with a soft laugh. I held his face and softly brushed my thumb on his cheek. "But, I love it"

--------