C H A P T E R_20

Jainna: just a short pov from Bright
--------------

Bright's POV

My head feels so empty, so

My head feels so empty, so....void. I can hear mumbling voices from my side, I slowly glanced and saw Win already talking to the doctor. I glanced back up at the ceiling, I really don't know what to do now.

ill......old....nt...

Win is still holding my hand, and I can still feel his scent coating me which gives me a sense of ease. I feel safe and comfortable for now but, today was supposed to be the day where we go and have fun....

I guess we have to postpone it. I'm sorry, son....

--------
Win's POV

Currently talking to the doctor about transferring Ma's body to the morgue

Currently talking to the doctor about transferring Ma's body to the morgue. I'm also making sure that I'm holding Bright's hand and caressing it from time to time, it's the only way that I could think of to comfort him.

This was so sudden that I don't even know how to react. The doctor said that the cause of her death was heart attack, I still need to have a talk with the paramedics to know who called them. Because, if Bright and Chatri are both with me, and it's only the three of them living in the house. Who could've been the one to call them?

"I'll give the files to mr. Vachirawit, and we'll call you later around 8 to 10am" The doctor said.

I nodded and he left. I turn my attention back to Bright who's still looking at the ceiling. I placed my free hand on his cheek and gently brushed my thumb, making him look at me. It's very unusual seeing him like this, more like, it's my first time seeing him like this.

"I spoke with the doctor and he told us that he'll call us back later" I said with a gentle tone.

He didn't speak but, he nodded. I pulled him up gently and we walked out of the hospital with our hands clasp together. I don't even care right now on who will see me with Bright, I have my men distort all cameras that are directly aimed at us. Meaning, even if someone is spying, the video will be useless, same with a photo.

I took him inside my car and we headed back to my house. Throughout the ride, he's just looking outside... blankly. He didn't utter any word, I took side glances at him to make sure that he is okay.

We finally arrived at the house. I already saw some of my men outside and talking to each other. When they saw my car, they immediately lined up and stood tall. I parked my car and stepped out, I gave my keys to on of them, ordering him to just park the car inside the garage.

I have so much to do than to park my car, I was about to open the door for Bright, but he already got out. He's still quiet and I couldn't comprehend the expression he have.

I held his hand and we both head inside.

"Why don't you go back to our room, you need some rest" I told him as soon as we got inside and wearing our house slippers.

"Where's Chatri?" He said in a quiet tone.

That's the first word that came out of his mouth ever since we left the hospital. "I think he's with Dad"

He didn't answer but nodded nonetheless, he started to walk towards the living room and I just followed him from behind. When we got there, I saw Dad watching something on Netflix, I also saw Chatri sleeping soundly on his lap.

"Hey, kiddos" Dad greeted us. "Is everything alright?"

"Kind of?" I answered.

Bright walks toward Dad and grabbed Chatri, carrying him bridal style. Not gonna lie, Chatri is tall for a thirteen years old. But, then again, Bright have a good body build.

"I'll be heading back to our room, please excuse us" He bowed at Dad.

He then walked away with Chatri in his arms. I'm worried about him, Dad didn't utter a word, not until Bright and Chatri are both our of sight. I heard Dad letting out a deep breath before leaning back on the sofa.

"Care to tell me what happened?" He asked.

   I sat down and rested my back on the sofa. "Bright's mom, she died"

   Dad looked at me with a surprised expression, but immediately turned into a solemn one. "Ooh, then you should stay with him"

  "She's not his mother biologically, she's actually the mother of his late-mate" I said to Dad.

   "You never mentioned that his first mate died" Dad said.

   "Cause it's not my place to tell you about it" I said before standing up. "I'm gonna go and check on them, where's Bryan anyway?"

  "No clue, he just called to ask why'd you left so sudden and then he ended the call" Dad answered.

  He's always missing in these kind of situations, he was also not on my mother and our brother's funeral. I don't want to suspect him on anything, he is my older brother, I trust him....and it is up to him whether he will break that trust or not.

  I nodded at him. "Okay, you should go to sleep too, Dad"

   "I will, son. I'll just wait for your brother" Dad said.

   We bid goodnight to each and I headed upstairs, I slowly turned the knob the other way and quietly made my way inside. On the bed, I saw Bright hugging Chatri tightly, and the kid's face nuzzled comfortably into his Dad's chest.

   I couldn't help but sadly smile, I'm worried on what's going on inside Bright's mind. He wouldn't say a word, but I hope he'll talk to me tomorrow morning. F*ck, I forgot that I'll have to handle Ma's funeral, as well as the shipments.

   I lay down on Chatri's side and hugged both of them, Bright's arm moved and grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to them. Now, Chatri is squished between us. He seems comfortable though.

    Sleepiness slowly invade my body, I closed my eyes and let the darkness consume me, along with Bright's scent.

------
No note.

Updated: 21st of May 2023