10

Y/n shrugs her shoulders. "Ehh it's not so bad. We've all gotten used to the evacuation. The real problem is the water level. It increases little by little every year. The back streets you see all through water 7 we're built on the roof tops of a old town that existied a few hundred Years ago. That's why it looks like a floating city. If it keeps up the city will become harder and harder to live in." she explains.

"I see. Even this beautiful city of water has its share of hard Ships doesn't it. But still if push comes to shove you can just take the sea train and live some where else right?" ussop asks.

"You can say that now. But not always. It's only been around for ten years. Before that time you we're totally out of luck. Getting across the ocean without it is no easy task. Even if you have a boat. This island is isolated. Their was never much traffic to or from it. People who loved here carried with them the looking fear that someday this entire city and everything around you would sink into the sea. They became hopeless." franky says.

"Wow that train sure is something!" ussop responds. "Water 7 had been reborn. And we owe everything to one man. A brilliant ship wright named Tom created that sea train. He saved us all and be gave this island new life... " franky says smiling to himself.

Y/n was surprised to hear that name again.
"Tom". Franky doesn't talk about him a lot. But she has heard some about him from the village rumors.

~~~~~ TS

"Hey long nose I made you some tea why not take a break?" y/n offers."ok! I'll have some as soon as I finish repairing this spot." he responds. Y/n sits down next to Franky and watches ussop work."Hey brother. I got a question for ya. I'll just get right to the point. What ate you gonna do after you fix that ship?" Franky asks.

"Um well let's see. First will go on a few adventures together and eventually I'll sail her back to our home in the east blue! Hehe I know we didn't sail around the world or anything but the marry and I made it to the grand line. I call that a successful voyage that will end with a triumphant return! So with our heads held hig-" Franky cuts ussop off." Nope. Sorry. Not gonna happen. You can't go all the way back to the east blue. It's too far away." Franky says.

He stand up and starts to walk towards the ship."I took a close look at your ship when we were bringing it up here earlier. Got to see her from every angle.... That ship is at the end of her life. Galley laws assessment was correct. As someone in the demolishion business I suggest you dismantle her." Franky says.

Y/n looks down at her hands. She hates to hear the bad knews but she agrees with Franky. She seen the ship herself and she might not know a lot about them but anyone with a little bit of knowledge about them knows how lucky they are to have actually made it to water 7 in such bad condition. It's honestly a miracle they made it this far.

"What? That's ridiculous!" ussop says obviously not wanting to except that fact. "I'll even help you do the job. Like I said I'm a good at this stuff." Franky offers.

"Are you crazy? What in the hell are you talking about you jerk?! Hold on! Don't come any closer! Stop! I mean it!" ussop yells. He pulls lit his slingshot as Franky comes closer. "Take it easy. I'm simply offering to help demolish this ship. That's all." Franky says.

"Stop screwing around! I'm not gonna let you any where near her your understand?! Get lost! The merry is my ship!" he screams.

"You're wrong. Listen.. That old girls no longer a ship. Earlier I asked you a question. About what you planned on doing once you fixed that ship. Now if you had said that you were gonna cast away your life to the sea and go down along with her then we'll... I wouldn't of had anything to say about it. No questions. But... Since you just told me that you planned on going all the way back to the east blue with her. Well.. Now I have to stop ya. That ship is at a rant. She won't even make it too the next island. Listen. A ship is born with one promise. To carry your across the seas from one shore to another. That's their sole purpose the reason for her existence. Which means when time comes that a ship can no longer carry you across the sea then that promise ha been broken and she's no longer a ship!" Franky yells grabbing ahold of the side before ripping it off.

"No! Stop it!" ussop yells. Y/n jumps up from her seat. She knows Franky is doing the right thing. Maybe not in the best way but still. "You bastard! Keep away from the Merry!" ussop screams while shooting his slingshot causing both him and Franky flying. Franky being the only one to land on their feet. "Son of a bitch! If you don't understand! Then take a look with your own damn eyes!" Franky yells charging at ussop. Hitting him in the air before smacking him into the water like a volleyball.

As the smoke clears y/n runs over the Franky. She looks at Franky concerned when ussop pops out of the water. He climbs out of the water before walking over to the broken part from the side and picking it up. He puts in back in its spot before trying to repair it. Y/n stands their watching. She feels bad but having him see it for himself was the only way. He's in denial.

"Sorry merry. Don't worry. I fix you up right away. Everytime. As many times as you need. No matter what. I'll always take care of you. Always!" ussop says while hammering in nails.

"Hey! Enough already long nose! You saw the bottom of the ship right? The keel Is broken right down the middle. The outer panels are slipping off and the frames shot! With a hole like that the first wave would rip her apart! And you think that a complete amateur like you can grab a hammer and-"Franky cut off by planks being knocked over.

"You shut your damn mouth! I don't wanna hear another word out of you! If you so much as breath I'll kick your teeth in! You hear me?!" he yells before falling to his knees with tears streaming down his face.
"Besides. I already knew..." he admits.

(NEXT PART IS RECAP TO WHAT HAPPENED ON SKY PIEA. BASICALLY USSOPS LITTLE SPEECH! WARNING IT'S VERY LONG!)

"Huh? What did you say?!" Franky asks in shock." I knew it all along. I knew the truth! I knew the merry was at the end of her line! Deep down I- I knew it. When I heard the assessment I knew that what I saw that day in sky piea  really happened. At first I thought I was dreaming that their was no way it could be real. On one foggy night. In a forest lit with nothing but moon light. I heard hammering strikes of a wooden mallet. It sounded like it was coming from the direction of the ship. At the time their shouldn't have been anybody on board. I crept closer. To confirm the sound was indeed coming from the merry. The fog was thick but I'm sure I saw someone there. Striking away with a wooden mallet. I- I couldn't figure out who it was. On the morning of the next day. We woke to see the ship had been hazardly repaired. Even the broken mass was back to where it always been. But something more weird was bothering me. Whoever did it knew how the merry used to look. Even after all the modifications we had made to her the person brought her back to her original state. She was still in ruff condition but she was the same old merry she had been before. The whole situation remained a mystery but for some reason these words lingered in my heart. I don't know if its something I actually heard someone say or maybe just something I imagined..

✰⋆。:゚・*☽:゚・⋆。✰⋆。:゚・*☽:゚・⋆。✰⋆。:゚・*☽
♥︎Don't worry! I'll carry everyone a
little bit longer!
✰⋆。:゚・*☽:゚・⋆。✰⋆。:゚・*☽:゚・⋆。✰⋆。:゚・*☽

I know it sounds ridiculous but I think it was the re carnation of the merry and she spoke to me. She probably already knew she was at her limit so she appeared in that form to tell us... She wanted to reassure us it would be alright. That's what I thought of when I heard the assessment from galley law. You think I'm out of my mind don't you? I don't care you don't have to believe me. " He explains.