Emmett a quiet place // i need you

she came back to him, knocking on the door of the bunker but to his surprise she is on the edge of dying

___________________________________________________________________

Emmett was sick worried about where she was. Both of them lived together for a few months now. Before the apocalypse broke out they've been neighbors. They would usually have some small talk when meeting in the backyard or at the street to check the mail but now everything changed. As the outbreak began to evolve they've met again and decided to stay together. Emmett brought her to his family and everything went downhill fast. At first Emmett's wife got an Infection and with no chance in curing it, she unfortunately died. Together they've mourned and after they started to accept her death, his son died too, following his mother to heaven. His illness punished him to experience a horrible cruel fight for life which he lost. Y/N gave Emmett comfort and for months he thought about ending his life. The only reason to survive was to keep at least her safe. She was the one he was being alive for. Before even realizing they caught feelings for each other following by comforting themselves together in the bunker, under the dying rest of the world. Sometimes they would have to go out to get new portions of food and water but as the days passed by she didn't return this time. Emmett couldn't shook of the fear of loosing her so he patrolled around the bunker a lot. He walked in the area, not too far away from the, so called, home in case she would return.

After four days of being alone a knock on the old rusty bunker door was waking him up. In a heartbeat he got on his feet, climbing up the bunker door in nervousness as it could possibly be a stranger holding a gun up to his head as soon as he'd open the door. Maybe one of those godforsaken creatures was just scratching on the metal but full of thoughts he mistook it as a knock. It could be God knows what but the light of hope lit up deep inside him as it could be his beloved partner. The old metal creeks and the heavy weight of the door was lifted. Carefully he poked out his head to locate the source of the knock and the small light of hope was now lighting up as if a small flame was growing to a forest fire quick. His hope was greeted with the face of his beloved dear. It was her. He would love to kiss her, to hug her and to ask what have happened to her but outside of the layers of metal was a different world, a world where every sound could kill them. She grabbed onto the railing with blood smeared hands and even though it was dark outside he still felt the wet on his hands as he touched her hand. It smelled like cupper, like a piercing smell he well knew as blood. The feeling of relief evolved to fear knowing something happened to his dear. She didn't say anything to not attract any of those beasts but she couldn't hide a muffled sound every time she moves out of pain. He put one arm around her shoulder and the other placed under her knees to lift her up. Her grip around his shoulders was tight but took a lot of effort, using all her left strength. He pressed her close to his chest while climbing down the ladder again. He quickly placed her on his bed, now having some light to view her wound. It was a gushed open side in her stomach area which scared him. Of course Emmett would never let her know how worried he was about it.

"You're going to be alright Y/N"

As an answer she put down what was on her back. It was her bag she brought with her when looking for food and water.

She pointed at it weakly while looking at him. With shaky hands he grabbed into it finding canned food and water bottles. A small smile appeared on his lips as she was successful with her mission. He opened the lid of a plastic bottle and poured some of the water on the wound to clean it. She flinched and the pain it caused was noticeable when looking at her face but he kept saying the words
"You're going to be fine Y/N" regardless of his panic she was so calm, so weak, as if she was accepting her fate. To calm Emmett down, she puts her hand on his cheek, ignoring that it left a bloody handprint on his cheek. A small smile on her lips while glaring into his ocean blue eyes. He answered her glance and stopped for a moment.

"I won't let you die. I need you" he said with full honesty and seriousness. He could read her face and knew what she wanted so Emmett leaned down and kissed her. She could feel her heart beat faster even in so much pain. She was here with him and that was the only thing that mattered. She pulled him closer, him leaning on top of her with his weight balanced on his elbows to not put any pressure onto her. Their lips melting into each other getting a steamy atmosphere beneath them. Moans leaving their throats as her hand rushed at the back of his head, stroking through it to not make him pull away. The intense kiss and heavy breathing in each break of the kiss caused his pants to tighten up between his legs by arousal. As much as Emmett wanted to undress her and pleasure her, he knew it was not the time for that. He got carried away by his emotions for her and the excitement to see her being alive however he eventually pulled away from the kiss to continue to aid her.

He grabbed a fabric and tightly folded it around her stomach to stop the bleeding by pressure. Her eyes followed every of his movements in the progress. She hid her pain behind a friendly smile to not make him even more worried, both of them happy to have each other.

"I love you Emmett" she uttered still a bit weak. It's been the first words leaving her lips for days. She wasn't regretting to get injured since it meant she could collect food to keep him alive. He was also thankful for that and would return the favor as soon as they need more.

"I love you too. Very much my dear" He replied and giving her a soft gentle kiss on the forehead. His clear sky blue eyes burning on her in curiosity what had happened to her outside of the bunker. She knew what that glance at her meant and without him needed to ask she cleared her throat and explained.

"At first I went down the river to follow the path. I know I wouldn't have been attacked by those monsters because of the loud splashes from the water. When I went inside a abandoned supermarket I collected food before a group of people took me by surprise. They held a gun to my head and they wanted to kill me. The only option I had was screaming. They ran off, the creatures followed and killed them. Unfortunately they've went after me too. I got attacked and tried coming home. I couldn't let you die down here Emmett. "

He was so silent after her explanation. 'She did that all only for me?' He thought. A certain feeling of guilt overcame him and he felt the urge to apologize yet he knew there wasn't anything he could've done different to prevent this.

"I'll take care of your injury. It won't get infected I make sure of that. I can't loose you Y/N. I need you"

In fact they needed each other and every other day they're not fearing death, they would share their love for each other.