Neil Lewis // childish

Y/N's eyes wandered around the room while Neil paced back and forth. They were alone together after closing hours, having an emergency meeting.

As Childhood friends, they always turned to each other whenever they faced any problems. Today, Neil was visibly upset by something his fresh now ex-girlfriend had said to him earlier in the day.

"You know, I had a date planned with her, and yeah, maybe I did a bit of spying to figure out her true nature. But come on, who doesn't do that, right?" Neil vented, looking for validation.

"Right," Y/N confirmed, trying to be supportive as he continued pacing around the couch where she sat.

"So then she calls me out for spying on her. I thought I was being discreet, but apparently, I need more training to hide in the bushes," Neil continued, frustration evident in his voice.

"Mhm," Y/N replied, though she knew this was just Neil's way of ranting to calm down and justify his actions.

"Then she had the audacity to accuse me of being childish.

 Childish!" Neil exclaimed, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Childish?" Y/N echoed, allowing him to let it all out.

"Childish!" Neil nodded emphatically, sinking down on the couch next to Y/N, exhausted from all the walking around.

"After that she said she wants a man who becomes someone and that the video store isnt going anywhere"

"Thats stupid of her" Y/N validated him as she knew how much this store meant to him.

"Exactly!" Neil agreed.

"And what did you reply?" She asked curiously as he still seemed frustrated.

"Then I broke up with her, and the thing is, I'm not even sad about it," Neil said, surprising Y/N.

"You're not? I don't want to be cruel, but dude, do you remember the last time a girl broke your heart? You were crying non-stop for weeks," Y/N recalled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, I guess I just wasn't that into her" Neil shrugged, leaving Y/N puzzled. She knew Neil was usually head over heels when he was in love.

"You know, we were just too different. She was always in a bad mood, serious, and never laughed at my jokes. But you and I, as an example, get along so much better," Neil explained.

 "When I'm hanging out with you, I don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I can just be myself, and you actually enjoy my company. Sometimes when I kissed my ex, I imagined it was you instead, just because we get along so much better. Somehow, everything seems easy and chill with you."Y/N's heart skipped a beat as Neil admitted to imagining being with her intimately, though he seemed unaware of what he had revealed. She smiled and impulsively gave Neil a kiss on the cheek. His anger instantly shifted to nervousness, and he sat there with his jaw slightly dropped, not entirely processing what had just happened.

"Oh boy, I always wanted to do that," Y/N laughed, finding amusement in Neil's blushing reaction.