iii. man and eater

— 𝐭𝐬𝐲𝐮𝐥 —

𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐘𝐀𝐌 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖.

everyday he would go in the forest and try to find you, always putting himself in dangerous situations.

you always arrived at the last moment, saving his arse from getting killed.

then he spent his day following you around, and making you loose half of your preys (it was one of the things that you hated him for).

he talked a lot.

you didn't

he said that he talked because he wanted to break the ice, that the silence felt uncomfortable, you thought that he was simply annoying.

he told you his name, actually he told you all of his family's names.

but you remained silent, only talking to scold him or to tell him to shut up.

he wasn't mad about it, in fact he was thankful that you weren't trying to kill him every chance you had.

he liked to have some time away from his family, and if you were the only one that he could be with, then he would've take it.

"so you aren't the one stealing our supplies?" he asked you, his mouth full of food.

you were both seated on the ground, near the end of the cliff, you were looking in front of you at the beautiful falls of pandora, the ikrans flaying around peacefully.

neteyam was eating a red fruit, you had already finished yours and you were using your knife to sharpen a new arrow.

"if i would go to your village, i wouldn't take some supplies" you answered seriously, not looking at him.

your respond felt too precise, too pointed.

but neteyam wasn't gonna test you or your patience.

he chuckled and you threw him one of your hard glances, one that he had become a little too familiar with.

that's why it didn't do anything to him and his expression didn't change.

"if you want to stalk me all my life you're gonna need to learn how to be fucking silent" you pointed at him, the knife in your hand towards his face.