xviii. injuries and medicines

— 𝐭𝐬𝐲𝐮𝐥 —

𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗶𝗻𝗷𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀

𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐘𝐀𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐃, that was the only way to describe what he was feeling.

he observed your hands as you finished working on the medicine; he didn't even had to call for his grandma that you had been already walking around the tent, looking for the ingredients.

you looked up from the weird mix, one of your hand wondering up to push against his shoulder, effectively making him sit down.

he looked up at you, his eyes looking even bigger then usual from your point of view.

the silence hugged the two of you as you began to slide three of your fingers into the bowl, getting them dirt with the purple cream.

you started with his shoulders, noticing the little scraps that were covering them.

your eyes wondered down his body, to his torso, you noticed the larger cuts on there and you couldn't move your pupils away.

you hadn't saw him fight, you didn't had the time to let your body loose control.

but what if something had happened to him, what if he had got seriously hurt? what if a t'herkaya had killed him?

what would've you done?

"don't worry, the others look worse" he smirked, trying to ease the tension that had been clearly increasing in your mind.

"doubt that." you replied sternly almost as if you were scolding him.

you crouched down between his legs, your hand finishing the work.

neteyam had some thoughts about the positions you were both currently in, but he fought against the idea of voicing them.

mostly because you would've killed him.

and also because those were the thoughts that usually came to his younger brother, not to him.

and every time lo'ak did said something about those he had looked even more stupid then the time prior.

"well maybe not all of them but one or two for sure" he tried again, this time getting an eye roll out of you.

at least he had distracted himself.