vi. learning and understanding

— 𝐭𝐬𝐲𝐮𝐥 —

𝘃𝗶. 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝐋𝐎'𝐀𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓, but 'unlucky' held the second place.

especially in that moment.

because the beast that had been scaring his whole family had chosen him as it's first victim.

he had been a little too focused on his brother's anxious face to realized that behind him a shadow was looking right at him.

well, at the whole interaction.

a small noise was heard and an arrow flied in the air, neteyam pushed spider away from the hit line but before anyone could say anything else, another noise and another arrow from a different direction.

neteyam knew you weren't stupid, on the contrary he thought that you were smarter than at least half his family, if not all of it.

and so he knew that the noises you made — purposefully — were to alert him that you were going to throw the arrow.

and he also knew that it was to keep him safe, and not his family.

and even more not some sky person.

so he knew that he was probably inches away from ruining everything that you had built in those months, and he knew that if he had had more time he would've thought at least twice about it.

but he also knew that it was his family that you were about to hurt, or worse.

and he knew that he couldn't let you do that.

and while another arrow flied trough the air, and the dark of the forest hugged the family with fear, everyone's eyes moved everywhere as they tried to see something.

until that something, stealthily jumped out of the bushes and became loak's shadow.

neteyam's looked around as the silence was torture for him, who knew what you were going to do now.

then he heard a small, almost strangled call of his name, the sully family — and spider — turned their focus on the source of the call and their eyes widened in surprise as they found themselves eyes to eyes with their worst nightmares.