Chapter 2

Everything started silently until Charlotte said, "Oh I guess I should say that Logan and I are brother and sister! That man that was speaking was our dad."

"Wait really?!" I replied.

Logan nodded his head "Yeah Charlotte is my little sister while my father is the person running this place. We call ourselves the colony."

"Cool!" I replied.

It was silent for a moment until Logan said, "Oh I have an idea how about we go on a quest so we can get to know each other!"

"I like that idea," Charlotte replied.

I just nodded my head in agreement not knowing what they meant.

"You don't understand, do you?" Charlotte asked me. I shook my head as a no and looked down.

"Hey it's okay you're new here!" Logan said.

I lifted my head and smiled at both of them.

"Thanks, guys," I said.

We began to walk to an extremely long billboard.

"What we meant by the quest is we go looking for others like us or look for new hideouts. Unless your S classed then you can go on a quest that involves the scientist." Logan explained.

"Oh, I get it. Hey Logan, what were you and that Jason guy doing when we met?" I asked.

"Oh that. We were seeing who can use their power longer."

"That's a dumb reason to use your powers out in the open," I said.

"Exactly what if someone saw you" Charlotte scolded him.

"Well, I saw them using magic or whatever you guys call it and I showed them my own," I said.

"Anyways how about we pick a job," Logan said.

After some looking, we found one that was close and pretty easy. All we needed to do was find a seven-year-old girl named Presley Conbolt. She has long bleached blonde hair. She is located in Portland Maine toward the East End. We took the paper with the information and brought it to the leader's office. He allowed us to go as long as we brought him a souvenir. We agreed and began to go to the exit. I wondered if there was an exit to this place. We came to a ladder and began to climb. We got out of an outhouse close to a river far from the house. We began heading west toward the highway.

"So, what powers do you guys have?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

"Oh, I have the ability to control and summon ice. Logan has the power to control air!" Charlotte explained.

"Really?! That's so cool!" I spoke.

Charlotte blushed, "Well not as cool as you. You're the first firepower user we ever had."

"Wait. You mean I'm the first fire user you guys have?!" She nodded.

"We have never had anyone who could be in the category of fire. So, I was pretty surprised when I saw your power." Logan said.

"Wow to think I'm the first is that why I have one next to the flame on my shoulder?" I asked.

"Yes." Both siblings said in unison.

"Then what about you two what numbers do you have?" 

"I have two while Charlottle here has seven," Logan replied.

We reached the highway without even noticing. We walk alongside the highway until we reach a fork. There was a car with a cop inside. Logan went up to the car.